Front wheel bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s not a difference in that part for police vehicles.

Actually there is. The cable for the wheel speed sensor on the PPVs has a heat shielding wrap on it and the hats of the rotors are drilled. My LTZ had neither of those options.

I'll be doing rotors and pads this weekend, I will grab pictures of it.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Actually there is. The cable for the wheel speed sensor on the PPVs has a heat shielding wrap on it and the hats of the rotors are drilled. My LTZ had neither of those options.

I'll be doing rotors and pads this weekend, I will grab pictures of it.
Well, I did consider that the OP has the SSV. Probably shouldn’t have been as broad in my answer as to say “police“.

Thanks for sharing that info about the PPV variant. Good to know. :thumbsup:

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I did consider that the OP has the SSV. Probably shouldn’t have been as broad in my answer as to say “police“.

Thanks for sharing that info about the PPV variant. Good to know. :thumbsup:

Its all good!

I know the SSV/PPV guys cross back and forth between the threads; so just thought I would throw it out there.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I thought I made it known that my truck is a 4wd SSV. If I didn’t I suck!

My whole situation went from it looking like it needs to be replaced, slight play in the tire 12 & 6 with it up in the air to your fugged now and have to replace.

I was going to order new ones thru rock auto. Butttt. A snow storm using the 4wd and a trip up North to the property turned into a MUST now.

NAPA sells their fleet style ones with a 5 year 50,000 warranty. Grabbed a set of them and replaced both sides.

Thankfully this truck didn’t see salty roads, the hubs came out like butter.

Simply took the half shaft nut out pushed back on it and was able to take out the nuts without removing the shaft.

Amazingly the whole job both sides took about 2 hours. Grateful that it was this easy. My pickemuptruk I had to beat the snot out of the hub to get it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MURDD0CK