Front Sway Bar Link Replacement Brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am so glad that over the years and replacing link kits I have not had to deal with rust.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To say that aluminum deforms easy is a very broad statement and doesn’t take into account the various grades of aluminum and their associated material properties. I would be willing to bet that your issues with your Grand Cherokee were due to more than the fact that the carrier was made out of aluminum.

I think the Jeep (Chrysler) issue was the use of aluminum. They didn't rebuild mine each time; They completely replaced the entire rear differential, axle and housing assembly in a one shot deal so the exercise didn't pass on an existing issue inherent to my particular vehicle each time.

Having designed structures in aluminum I am aware of different grades, but taffy is not rock candy. The issue with the Jeep is that the bearings eventually got misaligned within 10,000 miles, over and over again. They replaced the failures with the same design. Duh! Glad to have left Chrysler in the rear view mirror.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this referring to?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
I was referring to the Mevotech end links I linked above I thought some one thought they were aluminum because they kind of look like they are but they are steel

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That brand seems to have a number of models in the line up. The high and low in the pricing appear similar to the one you linked with a bare metal ferrel in the middle around the bolt and the upper middle priced item has the plastic like the oem. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2153118&cc=1441040&jsn=1884

On the "Ultimate" version that you have, how does that "barrel nut" on the top work?
Do you get a standard wrench on it?
the barrel nut has a slotted outer edge it is not smooth, I just grabbed it with some channel locks when installing, you could use a socket just not sure what size maybe 22mm or bigger, personally I think these are a excellent design the bushings act more like a bumper because of the inserts and they are harder than regular rubber they are not neoprene. The bolt also has more thread. I put these on both my Yukon and my Silverado which is lowered and uses a shorter sleeve and they had plenty of thread to work with. There not cheap though about $30 each side

Reaction score
I was referring to the Mevotech end links I linked above I thought some one thought they were aluminum because they kind of look like they are but they are steel
I think EddieC was referring to the Moogs that have an aluminum spacer sleeve6ffbd8302df4cb5b425b6fa520ee8fa4.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Last edited: