Front Suspension Cost in Las Vegas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neosoul

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what a complete front suspension should cost me here in Las Vegas? Just trying to see what I should roughly be expecting to pay before I take my truck in. It's a 2 Dr four wheel 98 tahoe.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just rebuild my front end on my 98 2 door 4 wheel it was a real son of a *****. I would be afraid to know what a shop would charge. I think im in it about $700 in parts. That included new hubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

neosoul

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what a complete front suspension should cost me here in Las Vegas? Just trying to see what I should roughly be expecting to pay before I take my truck in. It's a 2 Dr four wheel 98 tahoe.
Do you have a pars list by chance

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some parts from my 96, mainly steering. Doesn't include lower ball joints or lower control arm bushings, but I would liked to be able to change those too. Too much to do in a limited time and space. I replaced the complete upper control arm. Doesn't include hubs as mine were fine, or shocks. I made the mistake of buying KYB shocks because they were rated for a 1-3 lift, and cheap, but I should replaced the Bilsteins that were on there.

Screen shot 2019-02-24 at 9.33.27 AM.png
chevypartslist.jpg

I tried to replace as much of the front end as I could. Didn't want to revisit it any time soon.
I guess the price depends on how far you want to go.
Upper and lower ball joints, hubs, upper and lower control arm bushings and front shocks parts are about $500-700, with labor guessing $1000 - $1,500. All depends on who does it.

I had some Russian guy reluctantly work on my steering and replace the pitman arm about 5 years ago. When I took my steering gear out recently the pitman arm and nut came off with my hand. Choose wisely

Last edited:

Wedge

Reaction score
i got my suspension/steering kit from 1AAuto for $92 and then bought my hubs here at work. They go for about $144 each here in MN. Then average shop cost is about 130/hr and it takes about 4-6 hours for a good shop to fight with it. Then the alignment. So your talking a good $1k + to have it done at a shop.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your issue? Suspension is pretty good on these trucks, but the steering is weak, especially if you have oversize rims.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A grease gun, a tube of grease and some elbow grease fixed 85% of my issues. Quick change shops don’t lube it seems.

OP
OP
N

neosoul

Reaction score
First off sorry for the late response but I was very sick for awhile. The issues I'm having with my truck is that it drives like a boat. I can turn the steering wheel about 4-6 inches before it responds. The truck wants to drift to the right while driving. It has roughly 163,000 miles on it. I've put 285/75/16 tires on it. Stock according to tag on door was 265/16s. So far I've bought new Bilstein shocks but haven't put them on yet. Trying to wait until I get everything I need so it can all be done at once.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sean James

Reaction score
Tie rods, tie rod ends are a piece of cake to do. Yea, you will need the separator tools, but most auto parts stores will loan them to you. Ball joints suck and are more difficult, but not really that bad if you are mechanically inclined and can follow directions. Even buying the tools are not that expensive, compared to shop labor rates. Labor rates have skyrocketed in the last 10 years, due to technology and electronics. Many shops will spend an hour or two just doing research, which you can do yourself. So much is tied into the electronic control modules in today's vehicles, that modern mechanics must hook up the scanner, check for codes, to see if ANY issue is connected to ANY problems. This costs time and money. And they must charge accordingly for their time.

Youtube is your friend when doing basic harware work, like suspension, steering, and brakes. But only if you are mechanicallly inclined to do so, and have a decent arsenal of tools. Even Chinese tools are not as bad as they used to be. It used to be that China crap only worked once, and was done, and sometimes not at all. But China now has most of our old U.S. tooling from the 1970's and 80's and even some darn good CNC manufacturing capabilities. Hell, they have been making OEM Ford and GM wheels for a couple of decades. Again, the internet and youtube are your friend if you don't have the money, and if you are inclined. It can actually be satisfying...but safety is paramount. Don't mess around with suspension, steering, or brakes if you are not SURE you can do it right the first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14