Front Shocks 2" Lift or Stock No Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lt Belspur

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

It's time to replace the shocks on my 2016 Tahoe Z71 4WD 58,000 miles

I am looking at the Rancho series RS55831 with the front 2" lift. Would balance with the rear height.

I also could leave stock height with the RS55830.

I am tossed on which way to go.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

It's time to replace the shocks on my 2016 Tahoe Z71 4WD 58,000 miles

I am looking at the Rancho series RS55831 with the front 2" lift. Would balance with the rear height.

I also could leave stock height with the RS55830.

I am tossed on which way to go.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,
I believe there is a Bilstein set up that allows the adjustment up to 2.5", I did spacers for the front and wish I would have done the Bilstein option...probably will do that down the road. Also, you will find that the lifted front really adds some rake in the rear...not so sure on the tahoe body, but on the long XL/Sub body the back was really raked and I ended up adding 1" spacers in the rear to balance it out.
Hope this info helps.
The other reason for the rear spacers is when you look out the rearview mirror, with the nose up the distance in the view is reduced, so just some food for thought.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I believe there is a Bilstein set up that allows the adjustment up to 2.5", I did spacers for the front and wish I would have done the Bilstein option...probably will do that down the road. Also, you will find that the lifted front really adds some rake in the rear...not so sure on the tahoe body, but on the long XL/Sub body the back was really raked and I ended up adding 1" spacers in the rear to balance it out.
Hope this info helps.
The other reason for the rear spacers is when you look out the rearview mirror, with the nose up the distance in the view is reduced, so just some food for thought.

X2 on Bilstein. The 5100 is adjustable 0-3".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11