Front seat slack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a search, no luck. I've almost got my Hoe legal for the street. I'm noticing some rattles here and there, two of them I know for sure, are the front seats. There is slack in them, and they will rock front to back. The truck has 230k miles, so they have seen their fair share of usage. Is there anyway that I can modify the tracks to minimize the slack, or do I just need new front seats? What are my options here guys?

Lane99tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So your saying the seat tracks are latched in place but still move like when you brake n accelerate? Seat backs rattle back n forth?

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Seats are bolted down securely, but it seems like there is slack in the tracks.

Lane99tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it were my truck, id take the tracks off and repair them with my wire welder. Look at them close and find out where theyre worn and weld redrill or fabricate

Geoff

Reaction score
Ive noticed this as well on my passenger seat and it is annoying. Please post if you find a solution.

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do brother. I'm still fighting to get my motor dialed in right now, so I haven't even tried to to take a seat out to look at it yet.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same thing. It happened after a place took the seat off to install an amp around 10 years ago. They said they couldn't get it tightened back up. I'm thinking of hitting it with an impact?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts