Front seat hold down nuts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone let me know if I am wrong but is the nut in the picture below known as a Torx Plus? Also, if you know, what size socket fits? It is one of four, two on the front hold down studs for the front seats in my Sierra.

PiperGap-20120228-00620.jpg

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
External torx sockets.
E16 for the rear 2 bolts
E20 for the front 2 bolts

OP
OP
Freedom Motorsports

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
External torx sockets.
E16 for the rear 2 bolts
E20 for the front 2 bolts

Actually, they are not regular inverted Torx sockets, the rear are and my torx sockets worked fine. These are Torx "plus" sockets is what I was told. If you look at the outer tips, they are not normal torx style, the tips are wider, not pointed.

i've successfully used a regular socket to remove mine, cant remember the size i think 15 mm for the front and 17 mm for the rear

Yes sir, I wound up trying a 15mm regular socket and that worked quite well. I was able to use my inverted torx sockets for the rear, but they would not fit the front at all, no matter what size.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Also, I want to thank you two for answering, I posted that on Feb 28th without a reply until now. Good thing I figured it out on my own.

kevlac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is a really old thread, but does anyone have any tips for actually loosening these nuts? I have the correct E20 and E16 sockets, but cannot get them to budge. I sprayed them with PB Blaster and let them soak for a couple of hours and still had no luck.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know this is a really old thread, but does anyone have any tips for actually loosening these nuts? I have the correct E20 and E16 sockets, but cannot get them to budge. I sprayed them with PB Blaster and let them soak for a couple of hours and still had no luck.

Might get some responses posting in the appropriate year's interior forum, just a suggestion.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you gain access to the bottom to spray them (if that's not what you already did). They have loctite from the factory if I'm not mistaken as well. But, if you live in a salt area, they might be grimy underneath