Front parking sensor sensitivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidtriton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Yukon Denali, I can't even back up most of the time without my seat vibration going crazy and front parking sensors showing in the red with nothing at all in front of the vehicle. Even in a empty parking lot it will go crazy when first moving. I read someone saying they sensors or system could be recalibrated, has anyone else complained about this and had it fixed?

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Yukon Denali, I can't even back up most of the time without my seat vibration going crazy and front parking sensors showing in the red with nothing at all in front of the vehicle. Even in a empty parking lot it will go crazy when first moving. I read someone saying they sensors or system could be recalibrated, has anyone else complained about this and had it fixed?

See below:
253177-2cf94cf90b3c8118fa450cb0276677a9.jpg

Highway3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the same issue. Reported it and they claimed to have fixed it but it hasn't improved.

I'll share B520044's fix and see if they can try again...

brentj

Reaction score
I have that too. but I figured they messed up a sensor when they repainted the bumper (to get rid of the front license plate bracket). it's usually yhte front left on that lights up

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for one of those sensors to be pushed in or not securely fastened to the bumper.

Off1c3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have that too. but I figured they messed up a sensor when they repainted the bumper (to get rid of the front license plate bracket). it's usually yhte front left on that lights up

I saw this concern on the NHTSA, #10178369. Last update I saw was the same issue you have and that GM was working on a software update. Hopefully it's 100% done by now.

brentj

Reaction score
They ordered a part for my. "service restraint system" alerts and did a software update for the sensor alert issue. seems 80% as stable as my 2015 now

I wish it would switch to my parking cameras automatically a bit more reliably, but much better! Great vehicle so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins