Front mud guards that work with Retractable boards.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.realtruck.com/husky-line...m_medium=cpc&gclid=CM6D0fin6cICFWFp7Aod0T8AuA

These are the ones that work.
They mounted up in existing holes using the stock screws, and without taking the wheel off as long as you have a torx socket (short to fit between tire and flap) the correct size to reach the inside screw. A regular torx driver won't fit in that little amount of space.

Although this pic shows my wife's truck with the winter 20" wheel set, there will be plenty of clearance when we remount the 22" wheels and tires for the summer.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good George, thanks for posting the link and pics.

gary645

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, George - I just ordered a 2015.5 Denali like your wife's. I'll order the mud guards when the truck arrives.

Please do me a favor - what is the height of the assist step tread when the step is extended? i.e. what is the height to the step from the ground? Thanx!

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...same part number for the front and rear?

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, George - I just ordered a 2015.5 Denali like your wife's. I'll order the mud guards when the truck arrives.

Please do me a favor - what is the height of the assist step tread when the step is extended? i.e. what is the height to the step from the ground? Thanx!

Roughly 12".

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

...same part number for the front and rear?

No, they are not

gary645

Reaction score
Thanks for the measurement - I have a disabled passenger and must be sure she can make that first step. The running boards on my Acadia Denali are 9" so I'm hoping another three 3" will be okay.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tread is definitely wide enough for those with stability issues. They fold out farther than I was expecting also, making them VERY accessible for those who need all the help they can get.
I was impressed with the quality when I opened the door.

gary645

Reaction score
Thanks again for the info - I'm confident the retractable assist steps will be just what she needs.

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think I would like the flaps, but they look pretty good. Thanks for the pics and info.