Front end rebuild need HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBetty81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
557621194.jpg 20180910_141335.jpg So my old lady T-***** a Tundra and now I get to rebuild the front but I'm not quite sure how I want to go about it. I know I don't want it stock and I was leaning towards an off-road bumper if anyone has suggestions. I've read up on some of the HD conversions but I'm not quite sure which direction I want to go. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesn't look too bad I did the same for my ex wife's truck about a year ago, I had to more work because the bumper frame mounts were bashed in but I just used some big wrenches and crow bar and managed to straighten everything out pretty good, found a hood the same color at the junk yard, bought a new latch, had to replace the washer tank, found a used bumper with the mounts, pulled the radiator mount forward, bought new upper & lower valances, headlights. did the airbag go off? I scored one for $25 now the airbag light still comes on though because when the airbag goes off it triggers the box under the drivers seat and the dealer wanted $600 to replace it, apparently the dealer wont re-program them because its a liability if someone was injured in a accident and they erased the evidence. but if you pull it out and send it off there is people that re-program them for like $45 (ebay) you have to pull the drivers seat out to get access to it. all together it cost me about $800-1k

Gamzzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
BlackBetty81

BlackBetty81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Woah, that looks sweet. Where did you find that bumper? And how much of the front end did you change from original when you rebuilt it, if any? I have been searching everywhere for a front bumper change because the stock denali bumper drags on everything when I am off-roading.

Thanks dude its coming together. I got the bumper from Bumpersonly.com , it was made for a 99-07 Silverado 1500 so I had to cut off the bumper mounts and replace with the appropriate mounts. Other than the grille and bumper everything else is stock.

OP
OP
BlackBetty81

BlackBetty81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Woah, that looks sweet. Where did you find that bumper? And how much of the front end did you change from original when you rebuilt it, if any? I have been searching everywhere for a front bumper change because the stock denali bumper drags on everything when I am off-roading.

Here's the links for the bumper and mounts.
https://www.bumperonly.com/products/lex-offroad-csaf1-chevy-silverado-1500
https://m.theautopartsshop.com/sku/...PCbpL0F9KoQxNTGxHy9dJdWvjWXTn8ZoaArLiEALw_wcB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9