Front end rebuild Harsh over bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What scanner are you using? did it give a "service suspension system" message on the DIC? when you connected the struts back up are you sure you have the top connector on all the way? I had a loose connection crop up 3months after the struts were replaced, sure enough the connector was loose on the shock, a tech2 will give you a more specific code.

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you said you did a front end suspension rebuild, did you happen to change the swaybar endlinks? If so, make sure they’re not too tight. If they are, then they may not be allowing your suspension to absorb road bumps, etc.

dwchapmanjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since you said you did a front end suspension rebuild, did you happen to change the swaybar endlinks? If so, make sure they’re not too tight. If they are, then they may not be allowing your suspension to absorb road bumps, etc.

I've been trying to do a bit of reading on this and can't seem to find any definitive information on this. I worked on a project to replace my front struts that involved loosening the links. I accidentally torqued them to 37 after completing instead of 17. I have this terrible road vibration where I can feel every road bump but I was having this issue before I loosened it so I'm hesitant to adjust, particularly if there's any issue backing off the torque on it when already set to that torque.

Curious if OP ever figure out the issue.

Mateoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you find out what was causing this? I have the same issue.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
@brh11 kinda disappeared last year. He never advised what kind of active struts he installed or what they’re installed on.

A little digging shows an 09 Denali so he should have purchased z55 replacements that are filled with hydraulic fluid. If he purchased z95 Magneride for 09+ Escalades he will have a horrible experience. His suspension control module won’t know when NOT to energize the mag fluid so the struts could be in a permanent state of full blown full firm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne