Front end Noise Need help!

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by Isaiah13, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Build It Better

Name:
    Mark
    Yes, if you lower or raise you should adjust the sway bar endlink lengths. If you go to www.energysuspension.com and hit “download catalog” then scroll to about page 8 it describes how to measure and order the correct length. Then if you get the p/n you can shop online. Amazon carries them.

HiHoeSilver and 992dr like this.
  2. 992dr

992dr Full Access Member

Name:
    Sam
    Thank you my friend, I appreciate it

Rocket Man likes this.
  3. kbuskill

kbuskill ***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!

Name:
    Ken
    Moog 700528 are 3.25" with 2 bushings and the center sleeve... so 3.25" from sway bar to lower control arm.

These were perfect for me with the 4" drop up front to bring the sway bar back down to being parallel with the ground.

They are white polyurethane.

Just FYI.

rps20190910_212546_830.jpg

992dr likes this.
  4. PNWstorage

PNWstorage Full Access Member

Name:
    Ron
    When you said you turn the wheel a little to the right the noise goes away. When you turn slightly right you are loading the left front wheel bearing and typically that would mean with a bad bearing like you said you found, that the noise should be louder till you turn back left and unload that bearing. I would definitely change both while you have the tools out and parts availability. This is all typically what is done when searching for a noise that just started and then the bearing, while being bad, is not way loose. In your case the bearing may be bad enough, you said lots of play when checking at 12 and 6, that it will make noises no matter which way you load it.

992dr, wjburken and Rocket Man like this.
  5. 992dr

992dr Full Access Member

Name:
    Sam
    I am definitely changing both, better to be safe than sorry. I'm waiting on my brake parts and end links so I don't have to do it twice. Actually, it has no play checking 12/6. That's what kind of through me off.

wjburken and Rocket Man like this.
  6. PNWstorage

Name:
    Ron
    In the over 35 years I ran auto repair shops and roadtested for bearing noises I always was able to load the front end, left or right, and pick up which bearing was causing problems or both of them doing it. Smart to wait on the other parts that you will be close to anyway when you do the bearing replacements.

992dr likes this.
  7. 992dr

992dr Full Access Member

Name:
    Sam
    That's exactly what pointed me to the bearings when turning the wheel and loading each side.
    You can hear and feel it certain situations. Ahh the joys of being a car guy :) you just have a feel for it haha, isn't it great.

8. PNWstorage

Name:
    Ron
    After doing it for 35+ years, some things just don't change from one year to the next. Hope the noises get gone.

992dr likes this.