Front differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KooL_Daddy313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So think works you just have to take the passenger side casing off the awd and swap it with the casing with the actuator….correct?

KooL_Daddy313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You will swap the extension housing and the shafts.
Appreciate it. Imma gonna give this a shot maybe make a video since there’s no video of anyone doing this
You will swap the extension housing and the shafts
You will swap the extension housing and the shafts.
Both shafts?
There is an aftermarket part available that locks the diff (essentially into AWD) position. Its a bolt in that replaces the actuator. No need to pull the extension housing off.
well what I did was just take the shaft outta my awd diff and swap it with the 2 piece shaft which I’m thinking/hoping makes the actuator obsolete since it’s not hookup and the shaft runs all the way down. What made me do this is because the the shaft housing the bearings on the tip were super worn and I didn’t wanna swap the bearings or order new one (time sensitive this is my only truck) so that’s why I used the 4x4 shaft housing which has a hood bearing in the tip. Putting it on now so I’ll report back on how it worked out

KooL_Daddy313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So quick update the 2 piece shaft from the 4x4 is about an inch longer so it doesn’t line up with the driveshaft so it didn’t work. Had to change the shaft and housing for it to fit and bolt in. Will be able to go out for a drive to confirm it actually works

KooL_Daddy313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I’m out for a test drive and it works great no more clunking and clicking at all. Mine was mainly happening while driving down the road letting off the gas it would clunk and then hitting the gas again it would clunk again.