Front differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tatman48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 yukox xl 6,2 denali. I recently did my oil pickup tube o-ring, and after removing front diff i checked fluid and noticed it was low. so I topped it off to fill hole threads. after driving it past week. I noticed I have diff fluid blowing out of breather hose up into engine bay. does anyone know the cause of that? I used proper fluid and proper level and what not.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It normally only does that when it’s overfilled. There’s no other reason I know of. My 02 owners manual states to fill it (cold) to 1/2 “ below the filler hole and fill it (hot) to the bottom of the filler hole. What exactly does your owners manual state?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tatman48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I filled it cold and it was totally level...

OP
OP
T

Tatman48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks... Yeah next is wheel bearings, CV shafts, rotors and pads. I also need to probably replace fluid in transfer case. Not sure if it was ever done.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks... Yeah next is wheel bearings, CV shafts, rotors and pads. I also need to probably replace fluid in transfer case. Not sure if it was ever done.

When you get all the fluids changed in the transfer case and differentials she'll run so much smoother. Mine was like a young bronc trying to run in two different directions until we changed all the fluids down there, almost time to again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu