Front differential seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody changed the differential seals on the front my 95 4wd there leaking pretty bad happen to be looking under it and I got a hole in one CVC boot.i need to check the fluid

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Are you talking about a seal or a boot? The seal holds back differential fluid and the boot hold back grease. The location of the leak would be good.

OP
OP
qukon 95

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seals ,I've seen how to replace them on YouTube thanks

OP
OP
qukon 95

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now !! what cv axle brand has a longer lasting boot close to factory grade and a part # for the seals i will need to replace these at the same time . merry christmas every one

itsagaas

Reaction score
The seals ,I've seen how to replace them on YouTube thanks
Did you do the seals on the front differential already?
If the half-shafts pop out of the differential like they are designed to do then the job is not too tough. If the circle clips hang up and don't release it can be a major job. Happy to provide more detail if you have yet to do the seal replacement.

OP
OP
qukon 95

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did replace the driver side cv axle and seal used a slide hammer from haborfrieght came right out.Now got noise from rear endit's not bearing but right at diff cover Maybey I'll change the smaller gears again it solved the problem last time.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did replace the driver side cv axle and seal used a slide hammer from haborfrieght came right out.Now got noise from rear endit's not bearing but right at diff cover Maybey I'll change the smaller gears again it solved the problem last time.
By small gears did you mean spider gear? What kind of noise is it? whining whir or decel or accel howl/whine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu