Front differential change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way too old to get that. I’m 40, have to late teen boys, they didn’t get it either. I think I live in a generation vaccum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm almost 60 and I didn't get it either.
edit: didn't see @Tonyrodz 's remark till after I posted. Now who's the old fart ?

Kendall69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Milky gray means nothing. I change ALL my fluids out of new vehicles at 1,000 miles and on my GM vehicles they all come out milky gray and smell funny.
I don't care who makes the vehcile I never trust what they put in for fluids so I always us high quality fluids and dump what they put in. Same goes for shocks on new vehciles. I change them out at 1,000 miles also.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milky gray means nothing. I change ALL my fluids out of new vehicles at 1,000 miles and on my GM vehicles they all come out milky gray and smell funny.
I don't care who makes the vehcile I never trust what they put in for fluids so I always us high quality fluids and dump what they put in. Same goes for shocks on new vehciles. I change them out at 1,000 miles also.
Why would you change the shocks at 1000 miles? OEM shocks are usually some of the best made, and if you're talking about something like the Nivomat GM shocks you'd be spending $1500 for no reason. Pretty much any of the SUV shocks with Autoride are high quality and expensive. And the fluids GM puts in their vehicles is high quality also, full synthetic these days.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ve been doing the same thing with fluids on every new vehicle I’ve purchased at the 1-2k mile mark for the same reason, plus there is always break in metal in the fluid and I don’t want that floating around in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission