Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I follow this post to find example of coverlay dash cover (not dashskin) because I just purchased a 2010 tahoe LT (which is now in France). Unfortunately the daah was completely cracked and I have to repair it. I can’t buy a new complete dashboard because it can’t be send to France. I have found Coverlay dash cover as a good solution but I have a concern choosing the right color.
Coverlay send me color samples but it’s difficult to know if I have to order medium Gray or Taupe Gray (see picts) because it look the right color is in between…
does anyone have installed a dash cover from Coverlay in a dark titanium interior and can help and show result?
It’s difficult for me to buy just one part of the kit because transport and customs cost more than the product for French shipping and I can’t return it.

View attachment 370455
View attachment 370456

View attachment 370457
First pic.. left one... And 3rd pic.. is your color, the other looks too brown, tan.. should be able to look up color by RPO code, in glovebox or console..

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First pic.. left one... And 3rd pic.. is your color, the other looks too brown, tan.. should be able to look up color by RPO code, in glovebox or console..
I put Coverlay replacement cover on my truck 3yrs ago it looked nice and nice fit about 6months ago seen small crack in cover so since had warranty called them and they wanted pictures which is fine after a few back and forth emails and pictures they decided to replace not that easiest process, Then came another kick in gut they wanted handling fee and since large item shipping was excessive and if I would of just bought new dash I would have been money ahead. Needless to say I still have my cracked Coverlay dash and wont deal with company again.

FrenchUSFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. That’s my problem. Looking for 1rst pict, I would choose left one but right one is the sample on 3rd pict which better fit. Yes I have seen the RPO (833 or 83I) which is dark titanium

FrenchUSFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put Coverlay replacement cover on my truck 3yrs ago it looked nice and nice fit about 6months ago seen small crack in cover so since had warranty called them and they wanted pictures which is fine after a few back and forth emails and pictures they decided to replace not that easiest process, Then came another kick in gut they wanted handling fee and since large item shipping was excessive and if I would of just bought new dash I would have been money ahead. Needless to say I still have my cracked Coverlay dash and wont deal with company again.
Thanks for this feedback
it’ll be very difficult for me if I have to return parts from France. We don’t have this kind of problems of cracked dashboard here on our cars because the weather is more temperate.
anyway, I have “repaired” my dashboard with strong glue and nylon powder. It’s strong but awful and I need to cover it

Which color is your original dashboard and cover? Do you have pics?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is older K5 Blazer with maple color, why aren't you looking at Dashskin they have that in your exact color. On Coverlay you can buy black I think they are cheapest and if they carry a product called Sem Paint where you are they have great assortment of interior colors. I have use this product and works great but you might not have that available. https://repaintsupply.com/sem-color-coat-color-chart/

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. That’s my problem. Looking for 1rst pict, I would choose left one but right one is the sample on 3rd pict which better fit. Yes I have seen the RPO (833 or 83I) which is dark titanium
Dark titanium is the color of mine as well. Blackcar is right on the dashskin having the correct color. Coverlay doesn't list the dark titanium as an option.. I don't know that the difference in packaging size would be that much from a dash cover vs a new dash. As the cover seems to be only about 8in shorter across the front of the dash.. in a perfect world we would want to replace the issue all together.. just too many decisions..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dark titanium is the color of mine as well. Blackcar is right on the dashskin having the correct color. Coverlay doesn't list the dark titanium as an option.. I don't know that the difference in packaging size would be that much from a dash cover vs a new dash. As the cover seems to be only about 8in shorter across the front of the dash.. in a perfect world we would want to replace the issue all together.. just too many decisions..
The box that the factory dash ships in is huge, it can't be shipped UPS or FedEx, it’s freight only. I would say it’s 6’ long, 3’ wide and 4’ tall. The overlays only cover the top of the dash, which itself extends all the way down the front to the bottom of the dash, by your knees and around the bottom of the glovebox.

FrenchUSFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The box that the factory dash ships in is huge, it can't be shipped UPS or FedEx, it’s freight only. I would say it’s 6’ long, 3’ wide and 4’ tall. The overlays only cover the top of the dash, which itself extends all the way down the front to the bottom of the dash, by your knees and around the bottom of the glovebox.
Yes, that’s my problem. They is no shipping option for France for such big box. I will see with the guy who import my Tahoe if he can put a complete dash in the next car he will import to France

FrenchUSFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coverlay provide generic colors which doesn’t fit exactly car code colors. I also look for dashskin but looking at pictures, the dark titanium is not exactly the same color as the car and they don’t provide airbag cover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd