Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should not stop you from removing the cluster. You can access the screws under the curve.

I have never had to remove a cluster though. The 800's were notorious for bad stepper motors.
I found out the SUV is different from my Silverado so you can pull the cluster out, but not on my pickup. I went with a new dash though.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve installed a Dashskin on a 07 yukon. The tube they sent was enough per the instructions. I had no issues with any areas pulling up after the install. The reason they only send one tube is so you DONT put too much RTV on the cap for the purposes of removing later. I’m pretty sure you can remove the cluster after the installation. I did the install by myself. Wasn’t hard at all. I’m not a huge fan of the seams. Also the texture and sheen is different. It worked for my application on that particular vehicle but not sure I would install it on something that I was keeping long term.
f4292704d62834a6162a1e6da27b3a0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My dash was cracked severly in 2 places and the section in the middle and was flapping and NOISEY. With new cap it has relieved all those issues-so it's a win for me.....

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to grind sand that fault LINE.... LOL
I used some flexible glue to help, but someday it might rupture again..there is another strike slip forming on the left part of the dash

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a GM part number for replacement dash panel? I can’t find it on any of the GM sites and want to just replace the whole thing. Not a fan of the caps

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a GM part number for replacement dash panel? I can’t find it on any of the GM sites and want to just replace the whole thing. Not a fan of the caps
You need to enter your vin I believe. There’s ones with and without the dash speaker and there’s 2 colors.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are the new dashes better or same issue?
they are redesigned a bit, from what I have seen by appearance it was a half-effort, I figure if I ever replace mine I will epoxy some pop sickle stick type plastic strips in the weak spots before installing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs