Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine broke in a different place, lol. I was driving and heard a loud snap! The mounting tab broke clean off of the smaller dash part! I'm guessing since the mounting tab by the center broke off in the past, and I have foam support blocks under it may be why I'm spared the normal cracks but may be why my other tab just broke.

20190501_062649.jpg

rtstat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe, and have recently found a crack on the front dash. I was wondering if anybody else has had issues with the dash cracking for no apparent reason. By the way, it is on the back side of the top dash right behind the airbag cut out for the passenger.

It’s a well known issue with our vehicles, chevys and Escalades ... there’s actually a class action against Gmc that has no outcome yet. Same thing happened to me.... let me guess... the crack is near the passenger airbag and/or up the steering wheel column . 3 options .

1- replace dash so it’ll happen again $1500+

2- fix it yourself ( there’s YouTube videos , that’s what I did)

3- buy a dashskin $125 on amazon

Google the problem your not alone....

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the DASHSKIN.com over part work well? I need one....
You have to glue it on and even then if its cracked bad enough you’ll hear it rattling so be sure to remove any loose pieces.
Personally, Id just replace it, not a fan of those skin things. Bet you can get one for $7-800 maybe less. Not hard to do with simple hand tools...Just my thoughts tho.

bacon612

Reaction score
Does the DASHSKIN.com over part work well? I need one....
I bought a CPO suburban that had a dash cap on. I didn't like the look and also thought it might affect the function of the passenger airbag so I had a dealer replace the dash. I hope I get at least 5 years out of the replacement dash.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI I just installed a dash cover on my dash a couple of weeks ago and shot a video of it.

That’s a NBS though, it’s completely different. Also, curious why you did that since the NBS never crack, or did yours actually crack? If so that’s the first one I’ve heard of. Edit: I see in the video it wasn’t.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a NBS though, it’s completely different. Also, curious why you did that since the NBS never crack, or did yours actually crack? If so that’s the first one I’ve heard of. Edit: I see in the video it wasn’t.

I’m sure the install process is virtually identical. Plus some may be interested in the quality of the cover for comparison. I certainly was when shopping for this Coverlay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts