Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BX4TRAIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe, and have recently found a crack on the front dash. I was wondering if anybody else has had issues with the dash cracking for no apparent reason. By the way, it is on the back side of the top dash right behind the airbag cut out for the passenger.
Yes I found a crack in my 2011 Yukon dash as well and don’t know how it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah they all crack beside passenger air bag. Take it off and try a repair. If it’s brittle and destroyed on the removal then replace anyhow.

Reaction score
Or just say F* it and save time, money, headache, and get a $30-50 dash pad and cover it

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the instrument panel from GM Parts Direct for $372.60, but will have to add $200 for shipping. This makes the dealer cheaper by $60.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good suggestion for a decent looking dash pad in the $50 range that can at least cover the dash and not look like a piece of cut carpet?

Reaction score

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was anyone able to stop the center rattle without pulling the dash? I'm thinking of just glueing the cracks and covering with a dash mat like the one listed above.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good suggestion for a decent looking dash pad in the $50 range that can at least cover the dash and not look like a piece of cut carpet?

I put a fitted cover, from LMC, in my '95 to help prevent any cracking. It looks fine to me but you may not like it. Since it is a piece of cut carpet, it kinda looks like a piece of cut carpet.

Then again, my house is carpeted too.

joe

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are some nice dash covers out there you can have them in any color, embroidered or whatever. Heat is not what is making these dash crack and break it's cheap garbage plastic and poor design, the bottom has virtually no support structure where it should so eventually from moving up and down and just stress from the forces of driving they crack and break, the area's around the passenger airbag and the center speaker if you have one are paper thin. If yours hasn't broke don't worry it probably will.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To date, I've owned 7 vehicles that are on the GMT900 Platform (07 avy, 07 esky, 08 tahoe, 09 denali, 10 tahoe, 11 yukon). I just purchased my 7th one last week, a 2013 Yukon Denali. I totaled my 2010 Tahoe 2 weeks ago and was forced to get another vehicle. When I got the 2010 Tahoe, it came with a dash cover from https://www.dashskin.com and was surprised at how great it was. Tt is very well made and blends in nicely. I just bought another one for my 2013 Denali because of the cracks. Out of owning 7 vehicles on the GMT900 platform, how many do you think had a cracked dash?........SEVEN. 7 out of 7. I love GM vehicles but this is one of the biggest GM fails I've ever seen in my life. Haven't posted on this forum in years, but had to share that after blowing almost $200 on a damn dash cover because of the infamous GM cracked dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic