Front Camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, you can hook a second HDMI connection in as well now. Since the mirroring has HDMI connected to RCA's, you have opportunity for 2 HDMI connections. But whatever hooks up directly on the HDMI will only show up front. Its tight back there, I regret the day I have to open that radio back up. Wish I ran RCA's for future amp install but dont got the $'s.
Oh, I wasn't paying attention. I have my hdmi directly into the HDMI input. Welp, I got happy for nothing bc it still wnt pass through to the rear screen. I was confused why it said A/V. Well [emoji90].

And I know about space constraints.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
7ef0d286c91ba3617a19a6aeee2de6ce.jpg

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get HDMI to show in rear, you need to buy a cable listed in that video that will connect RCA's to HDMI. You would connect those RCA's to the A/V plugs which are the ones that dangle. The Yellow RCA (normally used for front camera) would also be used. You would then choose A/V as your source for both front and rear and that will mirror the hdmi. Since this yellow RCA is now being used, the cable discussed @ 2 min allows you to convert the AUX to 3 RCA's which can be used to plug front camera.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get HDMI to show in rear, you need to buy a cable listed in that video that will connect RCA's to HDMI. You would connect those RCA's to the A/V plugs which are the ones that dangle. The Yellow RCA (normally used for front camera) would also be used. You would then choose A/V as your source for both front and rear and that will mirror the hdmi. Since this yellow RCA is now being used, the cable discussed @ 2 min allows you to convert the AUX to 3 RCA's which can be used to plug front camera.
Yeah, I'll pass. I'll just continue to add files to the 128gb sd card for my son.

OP
OP
S

shahking1120

Reaction score
Amazon generic $10 flush mount camera. f027788293892f74df85ee26822a49f3.jpgbb1df370d4d16bf8c536f89437d4d466.jpg

Looks SWEET!

Do you have a link? I see millions on amazon, and if you recommend it, I want the same one.

I originally bought the expensive ass pioneer model, because someone said it would work for front...something about the headunit recognizing it and being able to change for front view or rear view...whatever, it didnt work!

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks SWEET!

Do you have a link? I see millions on amazon, and if you recommend it, I want the same one.

I originally bought the expensive ass pioneer model, because someone said it would work for front...something about the headunit recognizing it and being able to change for front view or rear view...whatever, it didnt work!
The boss flush mount rearview camera. It's like 12.99.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00011KLV6/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_nutaAbWTH4CNF

And for the cameras to work, with camera view, the cameras have to be wired constant hot. And the backup input need to be wired to the backup (purple?) wire on the headunit, and not to the backup camera hot wire.

Also, you need to go into the camera menu and select front camera, on, if you have it ran through the yellow rca. You may have to reverse the image, so on and so forth. If you need up the signal (ground or hot) press and hold mite and it will kick it out.

I need to rotate my camera clockwise slightly, lol

621f5df32e8151fbc0415502d3ffbe6d.jpg

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed my rotation.

Much better now!bdd0331a58f74c80077cbad3fc58906c.jpg6713919b62193ae01eabc6c4b42b953e.jpg
Now to get rid of those grid lines

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans