Front Camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shahking1120

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Do any of you use front cameras? I have a pioneer double din, and id like to add a front camera for pulling into my parking garage...

What cameras are yall using?

Thanks!

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooked up to aftermarket head unit? Can this be done with the stock system/screen?
Hooked up to a Pioneer 4200NEX.

If you get the gm passlock, you probably can through the AV input.

On the 4200, it's through the av input, but it has an option to modify the av input to be used for a 2nd camera input. The camera is hooked to constant power so I can select the front camera view at any time, except when in reverse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 4200 has a special option where you can use another port and leave A/V open for something else too. Nice stealth install!!

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 4200 has a special option where you can use another port and leave A/V open for something else too. Nice stealth install!!
Thanks!

And not for the secondary camera. I have the main backup camera in the brown input which is activated when putin reverse. If I had constant power to the backup camera, I could view that one as well. The secondary front camera is through the yellow A/V input. Then you switch it in the camera settings to camera so you can activate it in the Camera View menu. I do not think there is any other spot to run another video in on this head unit.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you would use the AUX port for front facing camera with a specific wire. It has the ability to use AUX jack to play video. I didnt even know that was possible.

Watch @ 2 min to see details of front face camera option through AUX when A/V is used with something else.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you would use the AUX port for front facing camera with a specific wire. It has the ability to use AUX jack to play video. I didnt even know that was possible.

Watch @ 2 min to see details of front face camera option through AUX when A/V is used with something else.
Oh, cool. Now I know how to mirror my hdmi input. And I use my headjack in. Im now using all my inputs on my radio, lol.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, you can hook a second HDMI connection in as well now. Since the mirroring has HDMI connected to RCA's, you have opportunity for 2 HDMI connections. But whatever hooks up directly on the HDMI will only show up front. Its tight back there, I regret the day I have to open that radio back up. Wish I ran RCA's for future amp install but dont got the $'s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros