Front Bumper Sensor Replacement Painting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dooba

Reaction score
Someone recently reversed into our Yukon and caused some damage to a sensor. I took it to our local dealership who assessed the inner left sensor needs replacing. I got a quotation for $530 dollars ($290 for the sensor including painting, remainder for “labor” required to replace it).

Needless to say, I declined because of the sensor markup (I found an OEM online for $130) and I genuinely think replacing a sensor is a simple, cheap task.

I bought the sensor pre-painted and was wondering how much I should expect to pay for someone to color match it to Bronze Alloy metallic.

I’ve also read online of issues where the paint can be too thick and affect how the sensor works. How easy can a bodyshop lay it on too thick and if so, can it be sanded down and repainted?

Also, does the system need to be recalibrate if I install it or is it plug & play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu