Front bumper removal instructions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d_hawk

Reaction score
NNBS hooks for reference. In case anyone wonders.

Not sure what GM has planned if/when they make a recovery point available for non Z71 vehicles. You are going to find that not only is the recovery hook not long enough but the bend is wrong and causes the hook to touch the edge of the facia. Any movement of the body relative to the frame will cause bumper cover damage without trimming.

The last piece of info I noted is you probably want something to seal around the recovery hook for high speed driving. Behind the bumper cover is a semi sealed void due the the fender liners and the under bumper plastic shielding. High speed air entering around a non sealed recovery hook opening could possibly dislodge/damage the fender liner.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what GM has planned if/when they make a recovery point available for non Z71 vehicles. You are going to find that not only is the recovery hook not long enough but the bend is wrong and causes the hook to touch the edge of the facia. Any movement of the body relative to the frame will cause bumper cover damage without trimming.

The last piece of info I noted is you probably want something to seal around the recovery hook for high speed driving. Behind the bumper cover is a semi sealed void due the the fender liners and the under bumper plastic shielding. High speed air entering around a non sealed recovery hook opening could possibly dislodge/damage the fender liner.
That’s gotta be a T1 thing. Neither of mine have closures under the bumper.

OP
OP

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measured today and agree with d_hawk that it needs to be about 3-4 inches longer than the Z71 hooks to clear the front bumper and be usable.

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for instructions for removing front bumper.
I added one tow hook to my 2018 Yukon, right front, and have a thread with pictures in the Forum. Could only add one due to the forward facing radar, however. The OEM material was easy to cut and looks OK. Did the same with a block heater plug install (same rig). Still have the extra tow hook, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent