Front bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few more pics..

A better pic of the stock stance
View attachment 221440

And my shredded bump stop. If I actually had one intact, it'd be similar to the OP's.

View attachment 221439

So you want to trade off some annoying rub in favor of more stress on the CV joints, making them fail faster? No thanks.

I never understood that - whether it be leveling or a lift. You're putting more stress/strain on your power train for nothing more than a "look" or "stance?" SMH
Show me where a few turns of the torsion key bolts wears those out quicker. I’d also be running the correct size tires. (And on my own vehicle I actually lowered the front and the rear as I don’t care for the mall crawler look)

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're cranking the torsion keys to raise the front end, you're raising the axle height relative to the position of the wheels, which increases the angle of the CV joints. Bigger angle means more flex with each rotation of the axle. More flex means more wear.

I'm not saying it will lead to immediate catastrophic failure of the CV joints, but it will contribute to an overall shorter life, to some extent.

So again, why do it? I guess I'm just a function over form guy. It's a tool. I don't spend my weekends making my hammers and screwdrivers look pretty, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17