Front brake rotor/ pad suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Gotcha
There was someone who made brackets to adapt ZO6 brakes on our rides, not sure if he's still doing though. Let me go look, I'll be back.

edit: Ok, I'm back. I believe this fella has the brake upgrade info. He makes the brackets and knows where to find the rest. [email protected]

HD or commercial. Hmm, not that I'm aware of.

On my 2000 Esky I upgraded my front calipers to the 3/4 ton calipers (bigger pistons) and the rear wheel cylinders (drum brakes) to the 1 ton cylinders from the dually (bigger bore wheels cylinders). I also upgraded the master cylinder to the one from the next generation Tahoe which made a huge difference in the pedal feel... no more mushy pedal and she stopped very well.

I have never looked at upgrading the brakes on the '08 Burb any further than I already have which is the cross drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads on all 4 corners. She stops great and the pedal is firm. I would eventually like to upgrade to stainless braided lines but am very happy at the moment.

OP
OP
F

foeteef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies. I have had PowerSlot rotors in past , Dodge, and had good success. I went with Autozone GT slotted rotors combined with Autozone C Max pads. Will give a try for a year and see how they hold up. Will update later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs