Front Bearing Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 tahoe 4wd. I hear a worn out bearing sort of noise in the front somewhere. I'm going to jack it up tomorrow and check for loose anything. Where are the places I need to check? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just have either wheel or both wheels off the ground and see if there is any play at 12 & 6 (there should be none) you can also check 9&3 but there will be a little normal play there because of the steering but it shouldn't be excessive. you can also spin the wheel and check if it makes the noise as well.

shofzr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I just replaced the front wheel bearing on my 06 AWD Escalade,
Took me about 45 minutes, I believe the 99 setup is very similar, so if it is the wheel bearing, it’s an easy fix.

f6a0bdc040dba262964ca79ff1cf514e.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the fronts on my 97 Tahoe so like sofzr said its pretty simple. if you decide its the wheel bearings just do both fronts. if one side is done the other side isn't far behind. outside of wheel bearing noise or play check for slop in the steering linkage. idler/pitman arm are pretty common. also bushings on the upper control arms and lower control arms

Big Poppa Pump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another indicator that you need new front hubs is that when you come to a slow stop you will feel the ABS activating slightly. This is caused by too much play in the wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts