Free Travel Bump stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setconstr

Reaction score
I have Belltech springs in the rear ( 3" / 5" drop 05 Tahoe ) I bought it that way and I can see I need the free travel mode there's probably only 1/2" of travel to the stock bump stop and the drivers side lower control arm is not looking good . So I like Rocket man's solution with new upper control arms ( I bought ACDelco pro's ) and Spohn boxed lowers and a Panhard adjustable bar . I also bought the rear shock relocation brackets from DJM because the angle of my shocks didn't look good also the offset sway bar links ( bellech shocks and sway bars already in ) I just wondered where to mount the rear bump stops and how Big of ones to use ? Thanks

Last edited:

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's how I did my 04. Just a energy suspension bump stop off Ebay there is a pad at the bottom where the old one hits. I just got a right angle drill. Drilled an tapped a hole an screwed it in20190317_203804.jpg

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And when I went to the trailblazer 4230 coils I was bottoming out over everything so I installed some helper bags an they are amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844