FrankenBetty- The 95 2 door Tahoe Junkyard build thread- Long and pic heavy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Awesome! You've waited a long time for this!
I'm so excited!! We dropped off my rear panels, the ones that go from B to C pillar at the shop that is doing my headliner. He is using the newer material to recover that vinyl that wraps along the top of those panels. And my visors are going to be recovered. Found a set at LKQ that had intact mirrors so between those and my good visors, hopefully they can get them together and recover those. I'm even getting a newer front bumper!!! Tim is laying my speaker wires. I got to help scrub and wire wheel the floorboard and spray rust inhibitor and then got shutdown for any further work. I'm so excited!!!! She is going to look sooooo much better. Definitely paint and body next year and seats. Then she gonna be a dime.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm so excited!! We dropped off my rear panels, the ones that go from B to C pillar at the shop that is doing my headliner. He is using the newer material to recover that vinyl that wraps along the top of those panels. And my visors are going to be recovered. Found a set at LKQ that had intact mirrors so between those and my good visors, hopefully they can get them together and recover those. I'm even getting a newer front bumper!!! Tim is laying my speaker wires. I got to help scrub and wire wheel the floorboard and spray rust inhibitor and then got shutdown for any further work. I'm so excited!!!! She is going to look sooooo much better. Definitely paint and body next year and seats. Then she gonna be a dime.
I know you found some stuff under that rug! Fries, money?
I have some nice 95 era gray seats in my van from a Blazer. Wish you were local, I'd sell them to ya. I want just regular van seats.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Carpet is going down! It is not quite plug and play, Tim is having to to cut each bolt hole individually. So the rear is laid down (yay!!) I've only had rhino liner back there since I bought it. The middle is down to the front of the center of console. So Tim has to finish up the front, cut it to meet the firewall and hopefully my visors, headliner and back panels are done soon.

20200414_074357.jpg 20200414_074512.jpg 20200414_074532.jpg

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Making progress! Once the stereo gets put together and stuff, hopefully I'll have my headliner, visors and panels back so she can start going back together. Got to figure out why the front left door is binding on the fender about halfway down. The gap looks good all the way down. It might be the door roller pins, but that requires a R/R of the door and Tim might kill me.

20200417_105529.jpg 20200417_105532.jpg 20200417_105535.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC