FrankenBetty- The 95 2 door Tahoe Junkyard build thread- Long and pic heavy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
This heat gun runs at really low temps. My husband does visual displays for museums, hospitals, etc. This is what they use to help with the same thing if they get water damage.

Fun fact, his company did the newest installation at the Corvette museum. :) it's a pretty awesome exhibit
Ok, cool. I just didn't want you to get any damage on your new headliner.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Got the headliner dried and the cargo area. No water stains, thankfully. Discovered where it was leaking. Roof rack was leaking left rear corner. So the roof rack hit the road. Some flex seal tape until we find some button head bolts to go in there and a lot of silicone. When it goes to the body shop for the minor body work and new paint, they can fix it correctly. Now for the ac system next weekend. Thankfully got another AC delco compressor from the dealer, got a great hookup for cost parts here. I try not to use it too often. I think we might go grab this radiator support at the LKQ that is in great shape, mine is crunched on one side. The projects never cease!

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I drove her today!!! Oh my god she is amazing. Steering is still kinda sloppy, brakes are squishy but damn, it was awesome to drive her. Put like 10-12 miles on her. Filled up the tank. I forgot how much I love this truck. It only got to 80-ish here so running around with the windows done was awesome. I got to finally do something substantial, I took the console apart, sanded down the rusty feet, painted them, painted the console to match the truck. I am tickled pink!!!

20200426_160222.jpg 20200426_160232.jpg 20200426_160409.jpg 20200426_160253.jpg 20200426_160135.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I drove her today!!! Oh my god she is amazing. Steering is still kinda sloppy, brakes are squishy but damn, it was awesome to drive her. Put like 10-12 miles on her. Filled up the tank. I forgot how much I love this truck. It only got to 80-ish here so running around with the windows done was awesome. I got to finally do something substantial, I took the console apart, sanded down the rusty feet, painted them, painted the console to match the truck. I am tickled pink!!!

View attachment 245667 View attachment 245668 View attachment 245669 View attachment 245670 View attachment 245671
You're on your way. Congrats.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
You're on your way. Congrats.
Thanks @Tonyrodz. Today was just an all around great day. My son got his rear end built and under his C10 so he's getting closer and closer. He also put in his gas cap fill in the bed, his fuel lines are plumbed and he got his plug wires run from the coil packs to the motor. He also mocked up his intercooler and I think he's figured out his blow off valve. Lots of work done at our house today. Next weekend is the a/c and then radiator support swap and the bumper exchange. Not too shabby :)

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
No success this weekend other than realizing my front frame ends are bent. Discovered when we removed bumper. Also discovered ac won't charge, likely due to gummed orifice tube. I did get my visors back and installed and HOLY BALLS! They look awesome. Otherwise, Betty can sit for a bit. It's boating time and I need to compound and polish the SS NOT POS and get her ready for amberjack, groupers and ARS in June.

Also, avoid COVID testing. It f-ing sucks! That swab came out my ear. But I got a negative result and I'm on the mend

Oh and the red mud don't stop. Gonna rename her Red Rocks rather than Betty the backstabber LOL

Resized_20200502_162138.jpeg 20200502_143743.jpg

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Finally figured out the leak. It was the roof rack and the quarter glass. When the glass man pulled the quarter glass, there was a small void where the bead would sit for the glass. So he filled and smoothed it and applied some extra sealer to the top seal so it stayed nice and tight. We had two huge rainstorms on Friday and today and no leaks. The AC works again. The gauges we had, the high side was having trouble opening correctly to let freon in. Took the high side off and two cans later, I'm in business. And I got her cruising pretty good two weeks ago. Of course I wasn't going that fast because my speedo is off due to the tires, but still over 70, and the driver mirror is the only one that shakes @liquify33

20200508_121123.jpg 20200511_183903.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts