Frame welded now runs funny?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxxtraxx K5

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got my 99 hoe back from the welding shop, and now the check engine light is on. They say the disconnected the batteries when they did the job, but I noticed the wires for the trailer plug are a bit burnt. I disconnected the main feed for that, and the light is now out after disconnecting and reconnected the batteries, but could that have backed through the computer and fried it? everything else works fine, lights, radio exct.

OP
OP
Maxxtraxx K5

Maxxtraxx K5

Reaction score
I forgot to mention when I was driving it, it was running bad, almost like it was skipping. Vibrations all through the truck. Then the light started to flash at like 35 mph, so I pulled over and had it towed.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Pull the codes you may have burned out a pcm or sensor circuit.

+1, when you weld your supposed to disconnect the batter/take out then also remove the computer system.

Buddy was building his grand marquis a set of longtube headers before, only had the battery disconnected and fried the computer. wammeee

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Technically if you are FLASHING a CEL light you are misfiring which can knock it down to a fuel injector a specific cylinders plug wire or its spot on the dizzy cap. And it is possible if it is just a misfire you may be lucky in eliminate PCM and related sensors and switch as the problem.

About the scanner, if at all possible get one that can read GM enhanced perimeters especially "CAM_RETARD" and cylinder misfire history. :imo: if you can't get those it is not worth buying.