Found the Rattle, now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rattle in the driver’s door panel (2017 Escalade). It’s just loud enough to be annoying, and seems to be right next to my ear. I believe I have found the source because when I put a little pressure with just one finger on the door panel, the rattle goes away. So what should I do? Do you think silicon spray will fix the issue?

If I place my finger with just a small amount of pressure at either one of these locations while driving over bumpy roads, the rattle goes away. Thanks in advance!

Same spots, doors open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rattles come standard it's part of the sound feedback package...

if it rattles too much it means you running over too many pot holes
or
going too fast causing said rattle

Mine has the same rattle as well as the seat rattle '08

Last edited:
OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped several squeaks around the center console with silicone spray. They have never come back. Easy fix for squeaks and rattles which I can't stand. Also I see several posting on here for second row and liftgate noise. I have my wife drive and I climb in the back and find the source of the squeak. Had a Honda once and rode around in the trunk until I found that one. Good luck with these squeaks and rattles as they will drive you crazy.

I actually tried this first since it’s the least invasive and easiest option to implement. It’s only been a week or so but so far the squeak is gone. I don’t know how long this fix will last as I’m thinking the silicone may dry out or need reapplication?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt