Found a great speaker for our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a great speaker upgrade for the door speakers in our trucks. I pulled two pair of Fusion 7" marine speakers from a boat I stripped and thought they'd work well and damn they do. The speakers are 4 ohm so they work with the Bose amp and they've got a ton of bass, especially if you've already upgraded your head unit. The speaker holes need to be opened up but not by much. The rears use a plastic bracket so you can take them off the door to cut them larger. The fronts need about 1/4" taken off all the way around. There's no fitment issues with the door panels, window glass or anything else. The speakers are also two way speakers so you also add an extra tweeter. Using the stock wiring the stock tweeters will still work too. The first pic is the speaker installed, the second is what I had to cut out of the front door.20191208_140155.jpg 20191208_140225.jpg

mainecrab

Reaction score
And likely have some water resistance to boot in case you get some in the door at some point. Nice!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find!!

Thank you for sharing your find with the rest of the folks on this Forum.

Much appreciated.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the factory ones a mid-bass woofer only with remote tweeter or a 2 way? if the later, then amps cross-filter may not be delivering a full range audio signal to the speakers. This may leave some of its potential on the table.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock speaker is a component type, separate woofer and tweeter. I still have the stock tweeters in and wired but I didn't think to check the tweeter in the new speaker. It was cold when I put them in and I just wanted to get it done. I'll try and check tomorrow.