Found a great deal on take off OEM Skid Plates!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of new take off skid plates I found on eBay. Appears that the seller had multiple sets available. Thought I would share, because I thought this seemed like a great deal. Now I'll need to buy the 3rd skid plate and bolts.

The seller is apparently a military surplus seller. Would love to know what was installed in place of these....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333613121139f4be860419078513ac348b1511432332.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am presuming that the B.P Trucks get some bomber shielding with their lifts.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am presuming that the B.P Trucks get some bomber shielding with their lifts.
I tried to find information on the border patrol Tahoes, but couldn't find any 2015+

I would love to see what they are running for a lift and skid plates. Also curious what other modifications they may have.

Denali Brad

Reaction score
I bought a set from him. Well packed and it looked like they were take off for maybe BP. Would recommend.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set from him. Well packed and it looked like they were take off for maybe BP. Would recommend.
I agree. Good as new! I doubt they had any mileage on them.

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw 2 this past weekend near Tombstone. One had the standard "snowplow" valance and the other the 'shorty' style. Neither were lifted (or it was not obvious). The ones closer to the border seem to be more apt to be lifted.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought my set! Can't wait till they get here!

Got the transfer case shield from another seller for $29 and the bolts for $15. Should be a nice little upgrade.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't actually need bolts, the ones holding my plastic skid plate and the two metal braces could have been reused. Although the ones I bought from fastenal seems to be much beefier. I did have one bolt missing in the front, it was striped out.

RobDenali

Reaction score
Just bought my set! Can't wait till they get here!

Got the transfer case shield from another seller for $29 and the bolts for $15. Should be a nice little upgrade.

Can you explain to the uninformed what these two shields protect? I though one was for the transfer case but reading your post makes me think that's a different part

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two pictured skid plates primarily protect the front differential, engine, transmission areas. There is a third, smaller skid plate that bolts to the crossmember that protects the transfer case.

I bought the front two from the seller mentioned above, and the transfer case one from another eBay seller.

GM Offers all three as a kit as well, which comes with all the bolts. I don't have the part number at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts