Found a 2009 Tahoe with the 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 91+ octane is a major downside to me on those things.....pass on that.
you can use 87 but it will have lower mileage and search for gears.. at lest E30 since it supports flex fuel will be the optimal fuel choice

Andrew l

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's going to be a great truck but don't expect to buy it and not need anything at that mileage and being ten years old. Set aside $5-6K for an overhaul of sorts. Not necessarily the engine or trans, but lines, brakes, hoses, interior trim, etc.

Six months ago, I bought a 2008 Tahoe hybrid. They come fully loaded heated seats etc. Everything is electric, power steering, brakes, AC. No leaking anywhere. That was my way of getting out of having to set aside so much money for those things. And it comes with an aluminum 6.0

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Love the electric power steering in the hybrid. I like it how GM touts the back seat frames are made of aluminum but leaves out why. I thought it was for weight. It’s for safety. When you’re bouncing on them and they’re on top of the battery, the aluminum won’t arc from friction. Kinda important if the battery gets in a bad mood and off gas’s hydrogen. It’s an unlikely scenario but GM though it important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jl55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are out there Kenneth. If you're set on a 6.2 Tahoe look up our recent posts about spotting them and how to spot them. Even if they are not listed as 6.2s, if you scan the VINs you can find them.

Which website shows owners in area based on vins?

1GNFC332 = 2009 2WD LTZ Tahoe 6.2

1GNFK332 = 2009 4WD LTZ Tahoe 6.2

1GNFC138 = 2008 2WD LTZ Tahoe 6.2

In those posts there's mention by me of a website that shows who owns that kind of car in your area based on the VIN. You might convince an owner to sell you theirs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC