Found a 12.1 android head unit that incorporates HVAC factory system controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JigglesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Indeed only thing I noticed is I found this video this guy is talking about the turn signals being loud and annoying....

However he does have an older model “the 2gig 7.1” and there is a hidden menu you need a code for to access some hidden options so maybe there is a disable option in there on the 9.0 model.

It looks like the code is 666888 another code i found in a youtube comment is 8861.

more info on this can be found here.

https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000179594-install-set

I also found out from browsing there knowledge base sections that it is possible to change the boot images and main screen display “default is a gmc terrain”.

I plan on having a friend of mine that is a photographer shoot my truck so i can modify the files to display my personal yukon on the boot and main screens.

these articles can be found here

Boot Screen “image needs to be resized to 1024x768”
https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshd...e-boot-up-screen-on-android-tesla-style-unit-

Main Display “image needs to be 740x313”

“See attached screen capture”

Furthermore sorry for the long post but want to make sure I’m detailed as possible about this product, and since its so new and there is very little info on it I know we all have questions.

Hope this helps people!

B63B6CB5-09D8-435D-8CC9-AD8B3860E3FA.jpeg View attachment 238609

JJ351

Reaction score
The Eagle has landed. I just ordered the rear entertainment PAC cable from Amazon and will hopefully get to it this weekend.

JigglesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Eagle has landed. I just ordered the rear entertainment PAC cable from Amazon and will hopefully get to it this weekend.

you the the same one i ordered right?

i ordered the 9.0 with 4 gigs of ram.

post pics for sure.

and lemme know about these turn signal sounds this guy is speaking of.

i’m still about month out i’m sure from receiving mine. :-/

JigglesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you ordered the the same one I ordered right?

I ordered the 9.0 with 4 gigs of ram.

post pics for sure.

and lemme know about these turn signal sounds this guy is speaking of.

i’m still about month out i’m sure from receiving mine. :-/

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely let us know about the HVAC turning on and heated seats with remote start as well as the rear fold down screen.

I read in some comments on YouTube that someone did somewhat confirm that the heated seats and heat turned on with remote start.

I would like someone to re-clarify that, but it would make sense if it does because that would most likely be coming from the HVAC controller circuit board that you need to reuse on this unit.

07 Yukon, my heated seats come on with remote start.(as long as it's cold enough, not sure what the temp threshold is)

JigglesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Yukon, my heated seats come on with remote start.(as long as it's cold enough, not sure what the temp threshold is)

mine work as well same with the ac but I am wanting to know if this head unit will retain this feature.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for one of y'all to install one and make sure it's ok... Then I'll be ordering mine

JJ351

Reaction score
Going through the accessories...

TPMS Sensors and APP: I tested the TPMS unit on my phone. Everything appears to be working and I scheduled a "mount and balance" at 4wheelparts ($120) to have the internal sensors installed. I figured I would need to balance them anyway even with the external sensors, and I do too much highway driving to not to have them balanced again. Time to have the tires rotated anyway, etc. Came with a cheap usb stick with the .apk on it to install on my phone. Text file indicates the app will warn you of high temps and leaks but didn't do so because they aren't installed under pressure yet. All sensors came pre-ID-paired and labeled for each corner.

Dash Cam/DVR/Blackbox: The box and instructions were mostly Chinese and I'm assuming (hoping) the software comes pre-installed on the radio as it was missing from the box. I opened up a ticket anyway, jic. There is a little blue LED inside the camera that let me know it works when I plugged the usb to my laptop.

OBD2 Scanner: Standard looking translucent blue scanner you'd find for 10-20 bucks anywhere, with the exception it's wifi vs bluetooth. I already have a bluetooth scanner, but the wifi version is listed as purposely for vertical screen radios. Included disc didn't read in my portable bluray burner. Hoping it comes pre-installed on radio.

Car HDTV Tuner: This may prove to be obsolete as I just cut the cord at my house with Youtube TV and I can just install the app on the radio, but it may prove to be valuable when camping and roadtrips with spotty and/or no phone signal. Time will tell. Comes with its own antenna that I might just glue a magnet to and stash in the glove box and throw on the dash or just outside the door when needed. I'm not in the mood to run the wiring to the top of the windshield and will test it in the driveway when I install it. Software is assumed to be pre-installed the same as most of these accessories.

The radio itself looks great (unpowered) no visible quality issues so far. There's a mic opening and reset button on the front. Comes with USB extension dongle and GPS antenna. The factory GPS may be Onstar specific and not compatible. I found instructions and software .rar in the knowledge base but Windows reports the .img was corrupted and unreadable on my Chromebook. Instructions and software found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7k7hw1jarmrnqc8/AACyt-1h6h0WsJj2gtCbBQJSa?dl=0

JigglesZ71, same unit you ordered. Will update when it's installed.

Screenshot_20200122-111851_TPMS.jpg Screenshot_20200122-123632_Gallery.jpg obd2.jpg dashcam.jpg sensor.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going through the accessories...

Good luck... After watching all these videos on youtube, I'm very concerned about it... Especially this video...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts