Found a 12.1 android head unit that incorporates HVAC factory system controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following as well. I’ve never had success with offbrand units but hopefully someone here can help change my mind.

I purchased the new kenwood dmx 1057 xr which is their reference line 10.1” floating display unit they just released.

https://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/dmx1057xr/

I’m researching now if I can flush mount the unit and remove the ac controls and buttons below the factory headunit. I’m wanting to go fully digital on my vehicles oem buttons. AC and vehicle monitoring features.

I’ll keep everyone updated on how it turns out.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following as well. I’ve never had success with offbrand units but hopefully someone here can help change my mind.

I purchased the new kenwood dmx 1057 xr which is their reference line 10.1” floating display unit they just released.

https://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/dmx1057xr/

I’m researching now if I can flush mount the unit and remove the ac controls and buttons below the factory headunit. I’m wanting to go fully digital on my vehicles oem buttons. AC and vehicle monitoring features.

I’ll keep everyone updated on how it turns out.
That looks like a super nice unit. Please keep us updated.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely dropping off my Denali Saturday for some custom fab work and the install of the dmx 1057xr.

I wanted touchscreen controls of my climate system but it’s not an option thru any of idatalink or pac units on my ride. Available on newer ones though

Bandit-66

Reaction score
I have also come across this Android radio and since I want to remove the original from my Tahoe, I am looking for something neat.

What is not quite clear to me in all the offers, as I am of the opinion, have already read that it does not support the Bose amplifier.

can someone confirm this or am I misinformed there

gunninks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So has anyone here actually installed one of these? I am seriously interested, just hesitant. From what Ive read, it is compatible with the Bose amps and rear entertainment screen. My biggest concern is actually seeing the screen whilst the sun is shining on it. Does it glare? I imagine it does quite a bit but I have not seen anyone comment in it. Maybe I've missed it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Bandit-66

Reaction score
i installed it this week and it works very well, also the processing is good.
It works with Bose amplifier, the second row entertainment I do not have, but should work according to the seller.
A mistake there is, because no cable for the rear camera was supplied, which comes into the HMI, but is to be delivered quickly afterwards

IMG_20210408_150227-1.jpg IMG_20210409_113744-1.jpg IMG_20210410_194158-1.jpg

gunninks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I
i installed it this week and it works very well, also the processing is good.
It works with Bose amplifier, the second row entertainment I do not have, but should work according to the seller.
A mistake there is, because no cable for the rear camera was supplied, which comes into the HMI, but is to be delivered quickly afterwards

View attachment 275949 View attachment 275950 View attachment 275951
Is this the one from https://raptortechteslastyleradios.com or phoenixautomotiveinc.com?
I feel like they are the same, watching a youtube video from raptor, they claim theirs is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys