Foster Supercharger sound mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 which is considered AP2. These years redline 8000rpm. And the flywheel weighs 22lbs. Ap1 flywheels weight 14lbs. Before 04 ap1 S2 redlined at 9000
so I opted for faster reviving since the supercharger can make up for the difference in weight. Also when I tuned my redline was changed to 8800. So I have a screamer of a sports car.

Ha ha, that put a smile on my face, man that's a screamer ! Mine is more of a lumbering beast at 6,000 rpm compared to yours, this is a video of the big pulley pull. Like I had mentioned I was only able to get 3 lbs, flipping pulleys would've put me over my safety limit on the 93 octane, it had a nice flat torque curve making 640 ft lbs at 2500 rpm and carrying over 700 from 3500-5500 peaking at 755 ft lbs.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ha ha, that put a smile on my face, man that's a screamer ! Mine is more of a lumbering beast at 6,000 rpm compared to yours, this is a video of the big pulley pull. Like I had mentioned I was only able to get 3 lbs, flipping pulleys would've put me over my safety limit on the 93 octane, it had a nice flat torque curve making 640 ft lbs at 2500 rpm and carrying over 700 from 3500-5500 peaking at 755 ft lbs.
That’s awesome lol. When I trailed my S2 to the dyno, I was still able to pull on people from stop lights marking them wonder Wtf my tuck got. I love telling people when they ask oh the usual GM stuff. Power steering whine, exhaust leak

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That’s awesome lol. When I trailed my S2 to the dyno, I was still able to pull on people from stop lights marking them wonder Wtf my tuck got. I love telling people when they ask oh the usual GM stuff. Power steering whine, exhaust leak
Love the sleeper approach!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Does that vibration on the belt have a negative affect on anything?

Reaction score
540ci, wow that's a big engine.

As far as only 3psi boost pressure, don't forget that the better an engine flows air, the less boost it will see.

On my stock motored 5.0 mustang I was running 14psi. After I upgraded the block, heads, cam, and intake I was only see 8psi with the same supercharger pulley setup. The entire motor breathed/flowed better resulting in less boost pressure, but the power was still there!

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that vibration on the belt have a negative affect on anything?

Honestly there's two ways of thought on these roots style blowers, one is that the belt takes the harmonics out of the crank, the other thought is to run a dampener. Me and the builder went back and forth and since this is more street than track I run an ATI dampener just to be safe.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
540ci, wow that's a big engine.

As far as only 3psi boost pressure, don't forget that the better an engine flows air, the less boost it will see.

On my stock motored 5.0 mustang I was running 14psi. After I upgraded the block, heads, cam, and intake I was only see 8psi with the same supercharger pulley setup. The entire motor breathed/flowed better resulting in less boost pressure, but the power was still there!

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Yes, right now my heads are the restriction, as it was in the video the blower and the heads were to small, I had to spin it at 8% over to get the 3 lbs. I eventually went to 12% over but naturally fought some cooling issues, my axles were also undersized and thankfully it just blew the 19.5 wide tires right off. Last year I decided I'd like to feel the power instead of just hearing it, so I went to a bigger blower, whole new fuel system from cell forward and upgrading to 35 spline axles and bigger carrier, brakes , radiator and will get stickier tires.
On paper it should be close to a thousand horse with the new setup at 6-8 lbs, of course there's no way to predict boost gains with temperature gains but should be close. What am I gonna do with that on the street...have fun...lol

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Honestly me too, that's why I liked my 86 T-Type Buick, little unsuspecting to normal people, even the 41 chevy the blower motor is in is a little unsuspecting until you hear it. The carbs are pretty level with the hood, I have a shaker style scoop and I run Moon disc wheel covers to hide the 14 inch wide rims, of course it's not to subtle from the rear view with the big tires. Still most people just chalk it up to an old truck, with my Tahoe I'm not getting crazy but I'd like to turn it up a bit to surprise some unsuspecting.
20171015_154707.jpg

Last edited:

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belts are more prone to "jumping off" with sudden changes in throttle like you have on the street or track. A damper pulley helps tame that.
Honestly there's two ways of thought on these roots style blowers, one is that the belt takes the harmonics out of the crank, the other thought is to run a dampener. Me and the builder went back and forth and since this is more street than track I run an ATI dampener just to be safe.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belts are more prone to "jumping off" with sudden changes in throttle like you have on the street or track. A damper pulley helps tame that.

I don't believe you know how big the lip is on the tensioner pulley, I don't know of anyone that has had a belt "jump off" and I have a lot of friends with roots blowers. You can see the tensioner in between the two blowers.

20191007_175518.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094