Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to my last truck about a week after I bought it. Just did a full oil change on it and never had the problem again. Think it was just a bad filter from the dealer or PO

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to my last truck about a week after I bought it. Just did a full oil change on it and never had the problem again. Think it was just a bad filter from the dealer or PO

Yeah he saw one earlier this week and did the same procedure. Thankfully an easy fix and only a quart low when I got back home to get it sorted. My wife would never have noticed....kind of like the low fuel light.....ammaright? lol

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yeah he saw one earlier this week and did the same procedure. Thankfully an easy fix and only a quart low when I got back home to get it sorted. My wife would never have noticed....kind of like the low fuel light.....ammaright? lol

Glad you caught it. Once on my OBS, we were heading to Michigan to visit relatives and I didn't have time, so I had the wife take it to the place down the street before we left. On the second day we were there, the wife and her aunt took it to go shopping. I get a call a little later that they're in the mall parking lot and the truck is making noise and smoking. Wtf. Be there in a few. Uncle and I go outside to leave, and he says "wait, what's that?" In the street at the end if the driveway lies my oil filter with a big black stripe going down the street. Grab a new one on the way to the mall. Get there and put it on. "Didn't you see the oil light come on?" "What oil light?" Smh.

I have the shop a pleasant phone call the next day and told him to teach his 16 year olds how to not strip a filter by over tightening. Offered me a free oil change. Ummm, no thanks.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noticed a bit of oil on the carport floor. Crawled under the truck and I see oil on the oil filter that had dripped down, some on the cross member, but nothing really sprayed around on the transmission or other parts of the undercarriage. Nothing up in the engine bay from the top side either.

I cleaned the oil off the filter, started the truck up and let it idle.
Almost instantly oil started to stream down the oil filter and a small puddle formed on the driveway.

I took it to my friend's shop as he was still open until 1330 on Saturdays. He put it straight up on the lift, changed the filter, topped it off with 1 quart of fresh oil and good to go. Rear main seal looked good. He wasn't sure if it was the gasket or the seam where the can meets top. No charge and me and my son were on our way in about 30 minutes. Quality time with my boy too. :thumbsup:

View attachment 230177 View attachment 230178
View attachment 230180
Filter either needed to be tightened or seal went bad on filter. Has happened to me. Those filters are hard to get right enough because of how they sit in relation to the oil pan

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filter either needed to be tightened or seal went bad on filter. Has happened to me. Those filters are hard to get right enough because of how they sit in relation to the oil pan

In relation to the minimal space that is actually there or not there. Lol

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the one thing that really irritates me about having a GM product. I never had issues with changing oil and filters on my older dodges because the oil filter was at the front of the block and a had a super easy and convenient opening just below the bottom of the front bumper where skid plate met to get the filter in and out. It was awesome! But no.... gm had to put the oil filter right beside the oil pan and make it a PITA to get it on and off....

eand28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil filter wrenches are great but it’s also nice when you run the taller filter. Easier to get on and off

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran the Porter Cable over the paint this morning and hit it with a coat of 845. Smooth and shiny now. Polished the chrome including the wheels.

The wife for some reason parked under a tree and the brown stains all over the paint took a little extra cleaning to get off then shifted pretty easy with the polisher. Looked good for a minute then she drove off...and it rained!! lol. But at least the paint is polished and shiny.

0h%hlnLBSP2sAYQdqkIzHQ.jpg
9xd8L45oS8SLTY4mIikzBQ.jpg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the Suburban back up on jack stands this morning. Removed the driver side sway bar bushing and gave it a good glob of grease. Went to remove the passengers side and one of the bolts will not budge. Rather it wants to round off. Tried a 6 point and 12 point deep socket and had a look at some vice grips. NOPE!! The sockets want to round off the head and the vice grip is not really going to work due to limited spacing.

Any further thoughts on getting that bolt to move without making the head into a marble??

As I was messing around on the passenger side, I think I found my clunking issue.

The passenger side stabilizer bar link bushing is gone! I guess I overlooked it in my hurry or maybe it finally just popped off.

Missing bushing under the sway bar.
wBmYEKiISV65lFaPAC+uhw.jpg

Sway bar bushing bolt wanting to round off the head. 10mm.
KVt56XR8RiimpQrLzflsnw.jpg

Also removed and greased the rear sway bar bushings as well.

Here are the stabilizer bar link kits I am looking at. Moog Problem Solver which is what I put on the Tahoe.

Moog K700538 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K700538...2?keywords=K700538+moog&qid=1572793274&sr=8-2

Here is the Moog site link.
https://www.moogparts.com/find-my-part/find-my-part-results.html?parttype=SUSPENSION&apptype=AUTOMOTIVE&options=2013~Chevrolet~Suburban 1500&values=2013~Chevrolet~Suburban 1500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14