Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m SO jealous right now! My uncle was living just outside of Sydney when I was in junior high so we took a trip to visit him and it was probably my favorite vacation! Now that I’m an adult I’d love to go back and do a trip like what you’re doing and get out and really explore! My trip to whistler in January got me kick started on that! Haha. When I went up there, it was about $1US to roughly $.70CAD so it worked out really well. Most everything was decently priced and even though it seemed like I spent a lot on the trip I really hadn’t. Kinda cool to see how the other countries money systems workout in value to ours. Haha.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I went to Australia when I was 16. I legit got punched in the face by a roo and had a black eye for a couple days. Flew into Sydney and took 4 weeks and drove up to Cairns. Brisbane was my favorite city for sure. Was a surreal experience to say the least. I’ve always wanted to go back. I know I will eventually. Enjoy your trip.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I went to Australia when I was 16. I legit got punched in the face by a roo and had a black eye for a couple days. Flew into Sydney and took 4 weeks and drove up to Cairns. Brisbane was my favorite city for sure. Was a surreal experience to say the least. I’ve always wanted to go back. I know I will eventually. Enjoy your trip.

Probably deserved it. Lol

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'll learn ya! :Sumo:

I don't have a desire to go to very many foreign countries but I'd like to visit Australia at some point. Would be super cool. The only other foreign country that peaks my interest is Italy. Outside of that, I'm good staying in the US or Canada. :)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
That'll learn ya! :Sumo:

I don't have a desire to go to very many foreign countries but I'd like to visit Australia at some point. Would be super cool. The only other foreign country that peaks my interest is Italy. Outside of that, I'm good staying in the US or Canada. :)
Australia just seemed just like America to me , just a with heavy accents and they drive on the wrong side of the roads. I could live there, never hear of any problems down there.
Went to the Philippines, could never live there

Probably deserved it. Lol
Not doubting that lol

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunrise at Kings Canyon 267F5624-ABF8-4D3B-82AD-844F653596AA.jpeg

The color of the rocks and geological timeline of hiking over rocks that are 2.2 billion years old. Once parts of ancient sand dunes that had rivers and lakes. In the middle of the Outback which is basically nothing.
06D975BD-8DC4-4ADE-8EF7-33E8D6182A2B.jpeg

Emu farm in Erldunda. We saw one jump a fence and run along side us one day. Crazy eyes thought he was going to run right into us.
238CC95E-8750-489C-B47D-B9421CF96E03.jpeg

Inland taipan. Most venomous snake in the world. Alice Springs reptile park. Learned a lot about snakes and lizards.

USA snakes e.g. rattlesnakes have heat receptors and will strike fairly rapidly. They also have large fangs. See it and run.

AUS snakes do not have heat receptors. Poor vision. They tell you to stand still, let the snake lose interest and move on. You run they will strike at the movement. Very small fangs.

Usually leather and denim will thwart their bite. Most people don’t realize they get bit as it may look and feel like a small scratch. USA traditional two punctures.

AUS is set up with anti venom as long as you to hospital ASAP. Venom attacks lymphatic system whereas USA attacks blood due to puncture.

Kids held an olive python that can grow to 6 meters.
6BCAA22D-A263-4270-9AC6-8EBF920400A5.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sunrise at Kings Canyon View attachment 225095

The color of the rocks and geological timeline of hiking over rocks that are 2.2 billion years old. Once parts of ancient sand dunes that had rivers and lakes. In the middle of the Outback which is basically nothing.
View attachment 225096

Emu farm in Erldunda. We saw one jump a fence and run along side us one day. Crazy eyes thought he was going to run right into us.
View attachment 225097

Inland taipan. Most venomous snake in the world. Alice Springs reptile park. Learned a lot about snakes and lizards.

USA snakes e.g. rattlesnakes have heat receptors and will strike fairly rapidly. They also have large fangs. See it and run.

AUS snakes do not have heat receptors. Poor vision. They tell you to stand still, let the snake lose interest and move on. You run they will strike at the movement. Very small fangs.

Usually leather and denim will thwart their bite. Most people don’t realize they get bit as it may look and feel like a small scratch. USA traditional two punctures.

AUS is set up with anti venom as long as you to hospital ASAP. Venom attacks lymphatic system whereas USA attacks blood due to puncture.

Kids held an olive python that can grow to 6 meters.
View attachment 225098
All cool stuff. Loving the Australian education, and the pics. Keep em coming :waytogo: