Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome birthday for your daughter!

Happy belated...

Hope you're feeling better.

I know that burb was spit shined for their voyage as well:)
Thx man. Still a bit run down today, but on the mend.

Lol yes I shampooed the paint before sunrise, cleaned out the usual wife bs trash and set them up with extra charging cables.

The wife had food and snacks so no turnpike rest stop food was needed. The other mum sent Halloween candy, so the girls had it made.

Of course the paint still looks good save a few love bugs on the front. Time for another bath and the weather looks ideal for the next 2 weeks. 84/72 every day and maybe a bit less humidity lol.

Might have to top coat the paint again for extra shine and hydrophobics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the burb is running good! We did magic kingdom, epcot, and universal last week when I was there! Epcot was definitely my favorite! Wish I had my Nali there to trek around in cuz cabs sucked lol.

She’s had a few niggly items, that I think we are hopefully past, but again it's a moving piece of machinery and we all know, even the best maintained still need constant love.

Sounds like you had a great time in Orlando. I have not been to Epcot, focused on Universal mostly the last few trips, but want to venture back to Disney. Our niece goes to school up at UCF and they have a resident pass, and sometimes pop over during a slow week just to go have fun for a few hours. Sure is worth it and she is a Disney nut.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there.
2011 yukon denali.
Want to tow my 5500 lb camper.
When I hook to it, the air ride pump turns on (of course) and then runs for a bit then shuts off. Then under a minute it starts up again. I am thinking it just keeps running on and off.
Since I've already had to replace the pump twice (along with the other expensive circuit board I think it was) I don't want to have the pump running all the time while I go on this trip.
I do use the torsion bars on the camper and truck, but still wants to pump up.....
Any help would be great. Thank you !!!

She’s had a few niggly items, that I think we are hopefully past, but again it's a moving piece of machinery and we all know, even the best maintained still need constant love.

Sounds like you had a great time in Orlando. I have not been to Epcot, focused on Universal mostly the last few trips, but want to venture back to Disney. Our niece goes to school up at UCF and they have a resident pass, and sometimes pop over during a slow week just to go have fun for a few hours. Sure is worth it and she is a Disney nut.
Yeah these beasts will always need something haha. Universa was pretty great. Magic kingdom was ok. Just like Disney here in soca except that Star Wars land is part of their Hollywood studios park. Both my best friend’s brother and I are huge Star Wars nerds and that’s what we wanted to see. Disappointed that’s e didn’t get to see it so a trip to soca Disney is in order soon so I can see it all and build a lightsaber lol. But we had a blast out there though. The weather was good thankfully. Did ride in K2 platform suburbans to and from the airport which was cool. But the taxis man…. The last one I rode in i thought I was gonna die in…. Lol. I sure missed my Denali when I got home!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mother Nature has been throwing down some wicked rain bursts pushing in from the ocean with more to come this week, so no bother washing the burb this weekend. Still looks fresh and shiny after the detail and top coat with Collinite's 845 Insulator Wax. Water just beads up and the surface dust gone with a sparkly shine between downpours and blazing sun. lol

I finally tackled the cabin air filter install.

I ssed @kbuskill post for guidance as he already had pictures and a good enough write up.

Here's the filter I got from Amazon.

I bought this filter a few months ago, but just did not have time to get it installed. When I first ordered the filter, it went to my friend's house that we looked after when we first got back to the USA. She put it in her back bedroom and I never saw it. Sent Amazon a "never received package" notice and they refunded it and sent me a new filter.

The instructions and photos that come with the filter are pretty good. I removed all 3 x 7mm screws from the lower cover, as I wanted to have the cover totally out of the way to cut out the access door for the filter.

Once the cover was out of the way, it was just multiple runs along the groove on the bottom of the "door" to finally cut through the plastic and gain access to the void, where there should be a filter.

Heck the filter package from Amazon even comes with the replacement screw to hold the door tight since there is a female hole pre-molded, but not utilised. Go figure...?!

No leaves or bugs, etc.. inside of mine, but a bit dirty. To be expected at 70,500 miles. I gave it a good wipe inside and sprayed some Canberra All Natural Spray Tea Tree Oil inside the void and all over the new filter as well.

New filter installed, void door and screw on and done.

D728635D-FAEE-446B-A4A6-97651D97F5F3.jpeg

FE3BBA56-EEB9-44AC-AE27-08297A179677.jpeg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few posts back, I noted that my wife had spilled a massive coffee over the center console and new wireless charging pad from Boost Auto Parts. OEM look on top and plug and play harness to get rid of the charging cable.

I wanted to see what the damage was and I found out when I took apart the lid of the center console to inspect the wireless charging pad. It was as I expected, lots of coffee had made its way into the holes and looks to have shorted out the small board.

The liquid missed the triple coils, but leaked right down on top. Probably will wait for Black Friday to replace it and give her a solid, gentle finger wag to not put f''g coffee on the center console if you want to have a wireless charging pad there.

So I put it back together and will wait for the next sale. It will be a 10 minute swap out as the rest of the cable will just remain installed.

F29591CF-710E-4CDD-888C-664709ACD0ED.jpegBF435ADE-CB1F-4639-91BD-572A42D9C3DF.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang man I missed the concert posts!! That’s awesome and such a cool surprise for your son given that he knows so much about them! That’s awesome! And you got to see some with the wifey too. That’s awesome! Taking my Nali to San Francisco in two weeks for a Carrie underwood concert that my sister got me and a friend tickets to for my 30th this year!

We’ve had some rain and some snow flurries here and there the lady week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts