Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed the Tahoe early today and gave it a Lucas Oil Slick Mist wipe down with the time change. Then paid it forward and washed our friends Kia Optima, who stayed with us overnight.

And then it rained....:oops: but at least the paint and wheels are clean and the water is just rolling off. :)

fullsizeoutput_853e.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed the Tahoe early today and gave it a Lucas Oil Slick Mist wipe down with the time change. Then paid it forward and washed our friends Kia Optima, who stayed with us overnight.

And then it rained....:oops: but at least the paint and wheels are clean and the water is just rolling off. :)

View attachment 233677

Lookin good! :thumbsup:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

View attachment 233677

Can I come spend the night so you can detail my Burb???... lol

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VReBiZ3fSeKsDsJeSlsaUw.jpg

Took the Tahoe to my buddy's shop this morning to go over the alignment again. Have a very, very slight pull to the passenger side after the front wheel alignment a few weeks ago . Maybe not felt by Joe Public, but I can tell. And there is some bump steer. That has always been there.

My buddy had it on the rack for almost 2 hours and a test drive. $0 for the shop visit as it was still under warranty. So nothing out of pocket was a win for sure!

Everything is in spec in terms of tire wear. Same numbers as the other week I previously posted. We can get the number true to center across the board, but it won’t drive absolutely perfectly straight, have a wider turn radius or the wheel won’t return to center. So the numbers will stay where they are at.

I am splitting hairs here, as it is minor, but was worth a look just to make sure. The tires were balanced and rotated 2000 miles ago. All 4 brake temps after driving are the same. Not one wheels is super heating or dragging any components. So basically all is equal unless it is a tire issue?

And maybe new adjustable upper control arms and a better tie rod angle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14