Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled out the new Porter Cable 7424XP today. Whoa!!

What a cool machine. I read a lot of reviews on it and it performed very well today.

Compact and powerful. Used the 5” backing plate for easy pad change out. I used the black and red Chemcial Guys Hex Logic pads to spread the Vline V38 polish as I decided the paint was good enough to bypass clay bar and go to polish and topcoat today.

A key here is the pad lube and conditioner. Not something I had previously used with my other machine andnod combo. It made spreading the polish much smoother, the pad did not cake up and dry out, reduced the dust residue and kept the 2x2 section wet enough as the heat of the day was a battle to contend with.

Then I spread some Collinites 845 as topcoat. Hit the windows with Rain X.

I still have the roof to do and some other detail work I want to do - wheels, chrome, door jambs, engine bay, but good results today.

So the PC does some great work. Easy access to the On/Off switch and quick flip on the speed dial from 1 to spread product to 5-6 to work the passes in the 2x2 sections.

Good feel in the hands. A bit loud on high speed settings so I put on headphones as was mentioned in reviews.
Really the only negative IMO.

Loved the work with the pads and polish. Would like a 6” backing plate and pad for the larger sections, but the 5” hugs the contours and curves of the NBS well. Slips under the grille on the bumper cap, around the mirrors and along the doors nicely.

Happy with day 1. Cleaned the pads with the CG pad cleaner spray and ready to finish hopefully tomorrow before moving on to the NNBS.

Probably not much of a different look on here for the post, but the paint sure is clean and feels slick. Reflection is not too shabby either.

Now it just shows any imperfections even better. Doh!! Lol

9B10AE83-683E-4B53-9B9B-B2E2C96D13A4.jpeg 7EDC0F15-C4C5-4D36-A0F3-C957C4CAC6DB.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled out the new Porter Cable 7424XP today. Whoa!!

What a cool machine. I read a lot of reviews on it and it performed very well today.

Compact and powerful. Used the 5” backing plate for easy pad change out. I used the black and red Chemcial Guys Hex Logic pads to spread the Vline V38 polish as I decided the paint was good enough to bypass clay bar and go to polish and topcoat today.

A key here is the pad lube and conditioner. Not something I had previously used with my other machine andnod combo. It made spreading the polish much smoother, the pad did not cake up and dry out, reduced the dust residue and kept the 2x2 section wet enough as the heat of the day was a battle to contend with.

Then I spread some Collinites 845 as topcoat. Hit the windows with Rain X.

I still have the roof to do and some other detail work I want to do - wheels, chrome, door jambs, engine bay, but good results today.

So the PC does some great work. Easy access to the On/Off switch and quick flip on the speed dial from 1 to spread product to 5-6 to work the passes in the 2x2 sections.

Good feel in the hands. A bit loud on high speed settings so I put on headphones as was mentioned in reviews.
Really the only negative IMO.

Loved the work with the pads and polish. Would like a 6” backing plate and pad for the larger sections, but the 5” hugs the contours and curves of the NBS well. Slips under the grille on the bumper cap, around the mirrors and along the doors nicely.

Happy with day 1. Cleaned the pads with the CG pad cleaner spray and ready to finish hopefully tomorrow before moving on to the NNBS.

Probably not much of a different look on here for the post, but the paint sure is clean and feels slick. Reflection is not too shabby either.

Now it just shows any imperfections even better. Doh!! Lol

View attachment 230636 View attachment 230635
The black and red pads are technically for finishing steps. Which is waxing. I use the white and blue pads for V38 light polishing. But the black and red pads work still work! Looks good! I love how easy the porter cable machines are to use. They are loud... lol. But I always work earbuds and music anyways so it never bothered me. Hopefully the porter cable will serve you well!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black and red pads are technically for finishing steps. Which is waxing. I use the white and blue pads for V38 light polishing. But the black and red pads work still work! Looks good! I love how easy the porter cable machines are to use. They are loud... lol. But I always work earbuds and music anyways so it never bothered me. Hopefully the porter cable will serve you well!

Colors of the rainbow. Good tips though. One spot on CG site said black with V38, but may change up based on your advice for the NNBS as it may not need clay bar, but does need a little extra work. Great for the PC. The power is good.

Going to go a little bit heavier on the NBS roof. What combo should I use up top?

Thx man.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Colors of the rainbow. Good tips though. One spot on CG site said black with V38, but may change up based on your advice for the NNBS as it may not need clay bar, but does need a little extra work. Great for the PC. The power is good.

Going to go a little bit heavier on the NBS roof. What combo should I use up top?

Thx man.
An orange pad with V36

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe