Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made my way around to the front wheels today.

Painted the rotors, calipers and touched up the suspension components as well as any surface rust under there. Surprising how much of the OEM thick coating is still present on the frame and undercarriage.

Sanded back part of the passenger torsion bar as it had some flaky rusty bits that need needed to be knocked down.

Not showroom perfect under there, especially looking up under the motor, but pretty good for the age and location. Thankfully not like the salted road trucks must endure.

A purely cosmetic day and I asked myself if it was worth the hours of effort? I guess so.

I didn’t fix anything in terms of maintenance. The suspension bushings all look ok. Could probably use some new stuff, but nothing has disintegrated into dust yet.

Plenty of grease on the zerk fittings, and oozing out from the last time the shop overshot them and left it messy. I cleaned up the excess, but forgot the grease gun again. Doh!!

3 wheels have the new lug nuts installed, inner wheel waxed out, lug holes sealed as well as the lug nuts.

I found a few lugs on removal that were not really tight and a couple that were zipper gun tight.

Even with the 20” lug wrench, it took some muscle to break them.

I torqued all the lug nuts to 120, which seems to be in the middle of the road of what has been recommended and what is writtten. Just a bit extra tight than leaning on the lug wrench.

Or better yet, I know that all 6 are the same at this point.

And with the good came some bad today.

The ******* painter at the house next door that has been being renovated forever was freewheeling with the paint gun and sent clouds of overspray all over the Tahoe with the direction the wind was blowing. .

I didn’t lose it and rip his head off as I wasn’t really aware until he was almost done and the rain came in.

I was fkn irate though!!

I gave the entire truck a solid wipe down with a new microfiber and it was gone.

I clay bar, polish and topcoat it last night and it gets overspray today. Can you believe it?

Then a quick run to the supermarket for family movie night food and a Redbox for the kids. I pushed the fog light button to test the lights.

It cracked in half and no longer lights up. The lights work but not the switch. Grrrr....

Funny when I dropped the front back down it was sitting noticeably higher than the rear. About 34” because I measured it.

It settled back down to 33” after I drove home and breaking the fog light button. Lol

Not big things, but the little things that bug you.

Just have the driver’s side rear wheel to finish this little detail project up.

364649BC-4E18-4304-8466-D015A9475708.jpeg 4E4A77C3-C10C-4666-8550-0682873A2D73.jpeg C1A7D88E-21BA-43BC-9A21-3937A1C13099.jpeg 62233EF0-63B9-4C79-8C29-8D99BCF5DD6F.jpeg 139CF2E3-10C0-4E15-AEF8-36ABCE25D4D4.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore