Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Good info on the white/amber laws and wide gap for interpretation.

There is more to the FLPD to attend to, but I try to be cognizant of their locations and drive conservatively as much as possible.

Sometimes still gotta put some punch into the BB! Lol

If these parking lights die, I will get a set and put those switchbacks LEDs in there.
Let's hope they dont die anytime soon. Just like my turn signal lights I think it's cool you got one of the rarest lights ever made for our trucks. I didnt even know yours was just white, way cool. What brand are they?

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's hope they dont die anytime soon. Just like my turn signal lights I think it's cool you got one of the rarest lights ever made for our trucks. I didnt even know yours was just white, way cool. What brand are they?

eBay special way back when I got them. Can’t find them and the link is dead.

They are all white, sealed units. The LEDs are integral to the housing and no option to put a bulb in there. Sorry if that was confusing.

I got them all white as at the time on here I was reading about cleared corners etc... so I found this set that didn’t have any amber and voila.

Cleared corners, no amber and no oven baking either to pull a reflector etc...

I am not the light modder like you are. Lol

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nah, I understand those lights are sealed leds. I've just only seen the other kind like this with the amber leds....
z_114304_0_3.jpg

But now I'll keep my eye open knowing these are rare.

It's just that you never really take night pics with the lights on so I guess I never paid attention lol.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, I understand those lights are sealed leds. I've just only seen the other kind like this with the amber leds....
View attachment 214419

But now I'll keep my eye open knowing these are rare.

It's just that you never really take night pics with the lights on so I guess I never paid attention lol.

Because it’s always sunny here and not perpetual darkness!! Lol

Night pics are somewhere in the build thread.

I will take some new ones to refresh your memory.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I know. Just tying to keep up on appearance and an eye on maintenance. Not being my DD helps limit that abuse.

I try to drive it a couple times a week for errands and kids activities, but put the around town wasted miles and hauling stuff on the work Suburban.

This just finally made it click for me.....

I need a work suburban!

:hmmm2:Right?

14rcsbOH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The law here says white is ok for turns in the front but you have to have amber side markers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts