Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use to polish satin wheels with?

The spokes are painted and the actual face is machined with a clear coat.

I used the clay bar, then Meguiars Ultimate Polish and finally top coated with the Rejex to seal them.

More just to get rid of the brake dust, road grime and hard water build up and put something on them.

Thankfully the Powerstop brakes don’t dust that bad and of course I try to wash the wheels often to. Or allow any long build up.

One day I will pull the wheels and give the insides a good detail as well.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think even if you bought a pos, you wouldn't be able to leave it alone. First you'd have to clean the wheels, then after looking at that you'd surely have to clean the body--of course to match the clean wheels--etc, etc. You already know how it would go.

Too right!!

Damn she's sparkly clean:cool:

Thanks man. Not much different than other pics, but all the paint is slippery and clean. So that is a win!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing is as easy as the Collinites 845, which is my go-to favorite. It is super easy and slick, doesn’t take as much product to cover the truck either. It doesn’t seem to last a super long time. Then again nothing does in the tropical sun. Lol

I used the Trinova last time, which I was pleasantly surprised with how well it held up and beaded the water off.

]

Collinite 845 for the MF win!
Lol

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the stuff. Have a fresh bottle that will be going on the long body soon....

...or are you going to do yours first? Lol

I apply it to the entire truck but only about once per year, right after claying and then polishing!
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts