Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lol

Every time I look at this thread it makes me miss my nbs more and more.

Beautiful ride man. Will always be a top 5 for me

That was one sweet ride. Still have pics saved in my truck folder. You gave me some great ideas and advice. Thank you for that. Still has one sweet CC too!!

And thx for that compliment. Really appreciate that.
:cheers:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with the bumper hanging off it still looks great! LOL

Thx and errr that’s like honestly answering your wife’s question when she asks you if these stripes make her look fat? Either way you are wrong.

Had to go and point out the defects in the truck didn’t you? Lol grrr.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Family in town so my big Thanksgiving is happening today.

Still managed to get up early and wash both trucks and been cleaning house while the wife, her sister and mum prep for dinner.
Should see the key lime cheesecake and cherry pie they made. Unreal!!

Washed the drivers floor mat and a quick wipe down under the hood too.

Just a few more shots that hopefully hide the defects a bit better! Lol.

Happy early Thanksgiving.

31326A80-5C67-485E-849F-87DA2D07C169.jpeg 78036BDA-02BA-41B3-9B21-E15E0313FB33.jpeg 9FAED000-480B-44AE-8159-7D764B0993D4.jpeg 3234FD11-418D-4E6E-A07B-B746A6615FB1.jpeg D19E4236-CACC-48AC-A5CC-9EE948296A1E.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe sat for 3 days last weekend and Monday I went out to start it up and no dice. The key fob unlocked the doors, the lights came on, click, it tried to start, the power seemed to be winding down, it was struggling aaaaand then it turned over and started up. But it wasn't right.

I let it sit for 2 hours and the same scenario repeated. So I took the 5 year old Interstate battery to O’Reily’s and left it with them overnight to charge and test as it was almost closing time when I got there.

The next day I called to get the results and was told that it had 1/4 life and I was good to go.

That wasn’t a good enough result for me to keep that battery as it wasn’t starting the truck properly.

I had already purchased another Champion AGM battery (the same type that I had put in the Suburban a few months earlier, just a different size and the Tahoe is a side mount set up) from Pep Boys on Cyber Monday as it was 25% off.

I picked up the AGM battery and left the Interstate one behind as the core and headed home. I did a quick hook up and the truck fired right up multiple times and the next morning without hesitation. Winning!!

But the battery tray and area were dirty and had some rust, so of course I pulled the battery back out and cleaned that area. I gave the battery tray, fender brace bar, all bolts and small piece in the engine bay a quick sand and fresh coat of paint.

There was a little reaction on the tray during the top coat, but I let it slide as it cannot be seen under the battery anyways.

I used Tef Gel in the threads so they wouldn’t seize, unlike one bolt that sheared off when I hit it with the socket wrench and some of the Pasco tape I have used before to create a barrier between the bolts and the tray to reduce the corrosion.

I know it's overkill on something that you cannot see, but nothing new on this thread to take a little extra time to put it back in clean and/or painted.

IMG_4146.jpg IMG_4149.jpg IMG_4150.jpg IMG_4160.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt