Forward Auto braking 2019 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to confirm you’re talking about auto braking during non-adaptive cruise, correct? Reason I ask is you mention the 3 settings for distance, which is an adaptive cruise setting, not an auto brake setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn’t going to get involved in this post but you pulled me in..;)

OP
OP
Z

Zman54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Weird because thise settings are for following distance on the adaptive cc.
If all 3 ))) are selected thats the closest setting and if only the last ) is the furthest following distance... on my 19 anyway
This is a 19. I definitely have a button where I can change the ))) but don’t see the buttons for adaptive shown in manual. I thought I saw the rst didn’t offer adaptive cc.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real RST 6.2 does not have adaptive as an option. Only RST appearance packaged 5.3s can add adaptive.

Sean James

Reaction score
If its radar, it will need to "see" some metallic mass to activate, if it's "lidar" it will pick up on most anything. But the sensitivity is turned down so brakes dont apply for a rabbit crossing the road. Also, the sensors in front must be kept clean for optimum performance. This way you can just text away while on the freeway, and let your computer do the driving. Young drivers will be brought up with this "safety" feature, and when technology fails, well, you know. Dumbest invention ever.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

New here. I bought my new 19 Tahoe RST a couple weeks ago and loving it. THe concern I have is if the Auto Braking feature is working. Reason I ask is yesterday, a person pulled out in front of me and before I knew it I was on top of him but no sign of auto braking or alert. I checked and I have it set to farthest distance 3 bars ((( between the 2 vehicles. Does the system wait until last second?

thx

Z
Reverse issue here: I have a 2019 Yukon Denali and somehow ended up with the automatic forward braking system - Hate it. Is there anyway to turn it off through the driver preferences settings?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reverse issue here: I have a 2019 Yukon Denali and somehow ended up with the automatic forward braking system - Hate it. Is there anyway to turn it off through the driver preferences settings?
Yes, but the adaptive cruise cannot be turned off..... which sucks....
Go into vehicle settings on touchscreen and under you can turn off shaking seat and im pretty sure the entire thing. Id have to look but im pretty sure i saw an option to turn it off.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the adaptive cruise cannot be turned off..... which sucks....
Go into vehicle settings on touchscreen and under you can turn off shaking seat and im pretty sure the entire thing. Id have to look but im pretty sure i saw an option to turn it off.
Thanks for the tip. However, I don't mind the shaking seat and red flash on the heads up display, but can't stand the auto-braking. I view the auto-brake as dangerous in situations such as passing on a two lane highway (it hits the brakes and cuts power as I'm moving in to the opposite land to pass) and in traffic yesterday I was moving towards a left turn lane and it sensed the car in front of me and hit the brakes (with other traffic on my bumper). It's going to piss someone off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2