For those who have done AFM delete/cam swaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
I usually use a impact gun. But u will have to figure out how to lock it down if you want to retorque the cam bolts during install. Also the vvt is 2 pin the cam sensor is 3 pin and the both of them join together to make up the 5 pin (down by the oil pan area. I believe). But with the delete kit you should be fine.View attachment 223553
I ended up having to tighten the crank bolt while I loosened the cam bolt lol it was a bit difficult but I got it done. Right now I'm in the process of putting everything back together, once everything is back on will the truck crank long enough to get it on a trailer? I don't have a ***** and it's only me so pushing is out of the question lol.

Dannydean

Reaction score
Hopefully, working the throttle and the brake you can get it on the trailer

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Hopefully, working the throttle and the brake you can get it on the trailer
If I get the heads resurfaced by a machine shop do I need thicker head gaskets or can I use my new stock ones? Or do I need to resurface at all? Truck has never overheated but machine shop said he "recommend" that I have them resurfaced.

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you change your head gasket size (increase) you will want to mill the heads down the difference. You can’t just go with a thicker gasket.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mean, youll be hard pressed to find someone to tell you 100% absolutely you dont have to mill heads down. but im sure thousands (inclusing myself) dont bother doing it if theres no concern with the heads. my feeling is if the heads NEED to be done, then the block does as well - doing one isnt going to fix it if theres a problem
that said. i dont know what engine youre working with but milling the heads i would just do a standard head gasket - will just bump the compression up slightly. no real risk of ptv clearance unless youre running .650+ lift cam

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a difference between resurfacing and milling. Yes, the machine work is the same, but resurfacing means milling just enough for cleanup and to ensure a flat surface and milling is to remove a certain amount of material for the purpose of fixing excessive warping and/or raising compression.

Unless you wanna change the compression, just have a cleaning pass done on the heads and run stock head gaskets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442