For Baja : 1998 Tahoe Suspension Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoePotato

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1998 Tahoe 45k on the clock and I want to keep her nice on these washboard roads.

Majority of my driving is at 30mph on washboard ****** roads. I want to float over the roads. What set up would you recommend and lift?

Gracias from Baja Amigos!baja cerritos.jpeg

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i can tell you from experience in baja, you're going to need an ass-ton of money and fabrication if you want to "float" over those... you're talking trophy truck 24" travel suspension.. which alone would be $100k plus just for the parts alone.. not even taking into account the complete overhaul and fabrication to make such suspension work.. this is not at all something i would do and i dont think it could be done anyways

things to do to minimize the harness:
wheels/tires: you want as much cusion as you can safely get. 37" on a beadlock wheel (15-17") running 18-22psi ($2k-$3500)
suspension: you want shocks with adjustability to soften the dampening and rebound (expensive but doable). probably require fabrication to run like a KING or FOX system ($10k+)
Lift: to run 35-37" you need 6"-8+ of lift, quality systems will run you $2500-$4k

Good luck... its not going to be cheap

if you want a simple lift and softer ride.. you can easily do that but you wouldnt be anywhere near "floating" over these roads at speed

35" wheel and tire system ($2k)
non-adjustable suspension like Rancho or Bilstein ($1k-2k)
6" lift $1k-2k...

running lower PSI on your tires will help a ton, but i wouldnt run too low without bead lock wheels, i would also NOT run an MT but an AT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts