for all of you holding out on a donut gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you broke the tired loose in the rain? I can do that going 70 in my truck in the rain. Hell I can only Bark mine when im going like 20 on dry pavement.

RCSB with a big V8 FTW. I can do Burnouts off the line with no brake in my little pos.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Physics sucks, biggest waste of time class there is. Just got done with it and hope I never see it again. Just thought I would throw that out there. haha

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
cliffs for assholes.

changed gasket solved problem.
i have 4 BALD tires, and its been hurricaning in florida all day. not to mention its 1 wheel peel pos.

i didnt realize there were so many physics majors in here or i woulda been more technical with my description.

so for all of you,
i was traveling northbound on congress ave, making a 17 degree right curve when i punched it at 45 and the tires spun and the speedo read 70. this was mostly due to the intense wearing of the tread on said tires.

they broke loose at 80 tonight too, but i'd call that hydroplaning.

any questions kids?:yourself:

WELL DUH!!!! centrifical force takes an effect here. Weight is lifed off the wheel, causing it to spin. The way you posted it you were in a strait line and punched it. Plus in the rain I can make my silverados tires (80% tread left) from a stop with less than 1/8th throttle. I put it in auto when passing or pulling out.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
well duh, anyone in the rain can make there wheels spin.. my 3.1grandprix, my 3.8 mercury capri, and the AtomicHoe with g80.. i havnt been in a car where i couldnt spin the tires. imean comon..

OP
OP
TahoeGoBoom

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
mine wouldnt spin before the gasket. i dont get how it made the difference, but it did.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
spinning your tires on a curve is what everybody did in highschool to make people think they had a fast car or somthing.

OP
OP
TahoeGoBoom

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
ok, next lesson, everyone get out your protractors and measure 17 degrees.

the tires would spin before. they wouldnt stop spinning on dry pavement before from a dead stop. they just wouldnt spin at speed because dropping from 4th to second would grip. even in the rain.

i didnt realize i needed to elaborate on everything.

long story short, the gasket is fixed, the noise is gone. if your truck needs one replaces then do it. if not, dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu